A question about Dark Crystal

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Just this past month I have been watching Dark Crystal like crazy..so far going on six...it just never gets old...anyways the other day I noticed a link between star wars and Dark Crystal..funny Lucas got in there..Jen's master disappears the same way as Yoda...did Jim get this idea from George Lucas? Does the movie wow you as it does me? How long do you think it will take for the Jim Henson team to make another masterpiece close to Labyrinth and Dark Crystal? When watching this movie does anyone miss Jim like crazy? Ok I am going to resume the position and finish watching for the six time. Just a interested to see what everyone thinks. :smile:

Dash X

Reaction score
Star Wars ----Dark Crystal link

On one of the major Dark Crystal fansites, sorry don't know which one exactly, one hardcore Star Wars who got his hands on a very early draft of 'A New Hope' sent the webmaster a copy of the screenplay noting very close similarities between the movies; Notably 'The Force' was centred around a large crystal, and Obi-Wan Kenobi had a missing piece/shard of the crystal and gave it to Luke to restore the power - sound familiar?

Dash X

Reaction score
Gary Kurtz / Found the link

Also Gary Kurtz, the producer of the movie, and of course, Star Wars producer, exclaimed once that Star Wars helped break down predjudices against Fantasy movies as well as Sci-Fi, theres a good chance that The Dark Crystal would've been made without SW

I also found the specific link to the info i was talking about:

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/tomatoes/168/darkcrys/trivia.html