A question about Fraggle Rock UK version

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi i would love to have fraggle rock The UK version i would love to see it so much . Are all 4 seasons of the show out in the UK yet ?

i would love to have it from the UK i have a Mulit region DVD player to player other regain dvds i have seveal things from the UK that i am collecting LOL

If any info at all please post it thanks

:smile::excited:

Andibcool

Reaction score
Afaik they only have best of DVDs no single complete season.

You can buy DVDs easy on Amazon.co.uk or play.com

muppet baby

Reaction score
thanks so much for the info guys i will get those ordered .

i am so excited i hate that the other epodies where lost . Better to have some though than not at all .:smile::stick_out_tongue::excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I so want to see the much later episodes where they have a much younger guy running the lighthouse...

Redsonga

Reaction score
*pokes UK version with a stick and makes considering noises*
Doc will always be my favorite and most dear to my heart, but maybe someday..just to have a full set...Hmmm..*pokes again* *looks at shiny new Biggest Fraggle Rock fan award* After I get the animated series, yes :3...

getup

Reaction score
it's actually not the "first 12" episodes but merely 12 episodes that are available. years ago also there was a 2 disc set that had all 12 of these episodes available on a region 2 uk dvd. i ordered it and played in my old region free player. the episodes available are Capture the Moon, Boober Rock, Boober's Dream, Mokey and the Minstrels, A Friend in Need, Red's Club, The Secret of Convincing John, Junior Sells the Farm, The Day the Music Died, Invasion of the Toe Ticklers, The Doomsday Soup, Boober's Quiet Day, and also contains the Down at Fraggle Rock documentary. It was quite interesting to watch these different versions. and this was all before even the first season was released in the US. That's pretty much why i had to have that set.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I was wondering why each DVD was only $5 :stick_out_tongue:. It is still not a bad price :3

anathema

Reaction score
Only the first twelve episodes of the UK version are available to be released. The remaining eighty-four are unfortunately lost. Here is a list of the UK DVDs (which would collectively give you the available shows) and more info on the lost episodes:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=714224&postcount=10
At least another 14 shows exist - I have copies (albeit not in broadcast quality).

The show was a co-production with TVS, who would presumably be the most likely holder of the missing tapes. Unfortunately they went off-air at the end of '92 and I've no idea what happened to their archive. As the show was still being run up to 1990, it's probable that all episodes were still in existence at this point.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if Henson has tried contacting the remnants of that company. According to Wikipedia:

TVS Entertainment was sold on 1 February 1993 to the American company International Family Entertainment Inc (IFE). IFE then created the Family Channel, based from The Maidstone Studios, and used the TVS programme archive. Later, the Family Channel became Challenge TV and was broadcast on Sky's analogue service.
If TVS did have the masters, stopped showing Fraggle in 1990 and vacated in '92 while leaving their program archive behind, it's possible the tapes are still at the Maidstone Studios in Kent, which is still in operation today.