A question about Palisades' paint

That Announcer

Reaction score
Why do so many Palisades figures suffer from extremely sticky paint? Dr. Phil, Marvin Suggs and Frog Scout Robin immediately spring to mind. I was always confused about this- is it the style of paint used, the material it's layed on, the color? Any comments on why this sticky paint shows up so often would be appreciated. Thank you!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of series 8 (Sam, Marvin, Phil, and Usher Scooter) had sticky paint due to an issue at the factory. This was a rare instance though as in most cases the paint was fine.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, S8 was the infamous "tacky paint" series. The problem arose at the factory where the figures were being produced. Don't forget that Super Beaker also ended up with some of this tacky paint issue also.

Still looking for an even-legged Super Beaker figure though.
Anyone have one to sell?

Oh and Phillip, sent you some E-mail and PM's lately, just hoping to hear from you soon.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, it was only series 8 and to a point series 9 but that was more wet paint than sticky. I don't remember any other figures with tacky paint and i have every regular series figure and a number of exclusives.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't find a problem with the paint on my Sam. Strange...

MWoO

Reaction score
Try his collar. It was a bit tacky.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Yes, my Suggs' feet are still not dry and I purchased them at S8 launch! I find that Palisades does have the odd "sticky", "tacky", or "greasy" figure even in their other lines--Dib, from Invader Zim is a pefect example.

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a "yellowing" on their Statler and Waldorf vaudville figures (especially on their backs/humps) :confused: