A question about Wolfgang the seal ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have a quick question is Wolfgang the seal a Sesame Street character or a Muppet theme Character ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They probably loosened up on the whole "no Sesame Street Characters" a little... after all, Shelli managed to sneak Fry from Futurama in the last issue of Muppet Snow White in shadow. And Dave Alverez managed to sneak in a couple Henson characters and references.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the inclusion of a seal named Wolfgang was a coincidence or not. Depending on whether it was the writer or artist who chose to include him, I know that Amy Mebberson is more of a fan of Jim Henson and not much a fan of post-Henson characters, and I think Wolfgang was introduced after Henson's death. Would She have been familiar with the character?

Or maybe they knew of Wolfgang but forgot Wolfgang was a Sesame Street character (though I would assume Amy Mebberson would have looked at the Muppet Wiki page and see the info on him being a Sesame character).

Or maybe they thought they could get away with it. Wolfgang the Seal isn;t really that popular of a character, especially not in the way that Ernie and Bert are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Irony? Amy's usually the one that comes in and says "Oh NO we can't!" :smile: