1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Dearth, Aug 14, 2010.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Same here! I'll pay top dollar, whatever scalpers want on ebay. Will probably be the only Muppet toys released.
  2. j3h

j3h Active Member

I was just checking in to see if there was any updated release news...

Back to waiting. (but hopefully these will be out in time for christmas gifting)
  3. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

frogboy4 likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really hope the scalpers don't go nuts on these things. If nothing else, I WANT that Link/Fozzwocka set.
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

glad they didn't scrap the star wars ones when they come out i am totally the b c3p0 and bunsen r2d2
    frogboy4 likes this.
  6. j3h

j3h Active Member

Is there any word yet on price per pack?
  7. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

When they were first announced back in May it was said they'd retail for about $20 a pack. I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them going for 25$ though.
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

What a bargain! :grouchy:
  9. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

frogboy4 likes this.
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

My friend Dave in CA bought me a set of these and the new StarSpeeder 1000 toy. They haven't arrived in the mail yet, but here's the pics Dave took of his... FINALLY a good comparison of the size of these alongside the Palisades figures!
    http://www.endorexpress.net/2011/12/star-tours-special-holiday-delivery/

And I just noticed that nicely sculpted PVC 6-pack has been pushed back to Spring 2012, if you follow the link I posted a few messages above. It originally said "in time for the holidays" but that part has now been crossed through.
    Alex
    Bellygrub likes this.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Perfect size, and cool blog! Im not into star wars collecting anymore, but to me the coolest star wars figures are the star tours ones
  12. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

13. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I found them slightly cheaper than Disney(overall with postage) on ebay,because Disney wanted $75 to ship them to Australia! I got the 4 for $99.95 + $43.30 shipping.
  14. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

$75 to ship to australia wow i hate how they would want to ship here but i will get them if i'm going to Florida next year and lets hope more of these are coming bean bunny as an ewok anyone :)
  15. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

My set came in today and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I haven't opened the figures yet but just the packaging alone seems to be a better quality then the usual Disney figures. The figure look really good in person too. This is the first time I've ever been torn over keeping a figure in the packaging or not.

Inevitably they'll come out to play though :D
  16. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

Well I broke down and opened up the figures. For the most part they're pretty sturdy however there are a couple of loose joints and them. Han/Link's head flops about freely, I popped it off and stuck a piece of blue tack on the nobbin. Problem solved.

Threepio/Beaker's leg joints are also very loose. He stands pretty well but if I were to bump the bookcase I think he'll go over.

Chewie's Bowcaster and Hans's Blaster are also warped....but I fully expected that. The only lightsaber that's warped is Kermie's. That's because they packaged it goofy.

Otherwise I have no complaints. All the paint apps are solid and the details are pretty nice. If I get down to Disney this year I may pick up a second set just to keep in the box.

Here's a horrid camera phone pic of the figures loose.

[​IMG]
  17. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Disney packaged something Goofy?

;)

Alex
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

how much was the total?
  19. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

About $105.00 or $13.00 a figure (it makes it easier to justify things when I break it down individually). I say about because they were technically a gift and the bill was hidden from me :D

Wocka wocka! :o
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

oh thats not bad, I guess thats $25 shipping? Did you get these from Disney online? I WISH it was $13 a figure...I just want Link and Sam Eagle. The $20 price given the size of the figures puzzles me