A sad happening

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I might as well get this over with... I thought of sending out a group message on facebook as I did with some of my other friends, but rather than try and tag you all and figure out who was who and all, I thought I'd put it here for you all to see at once.
I'll start from Mother's Day. Me, my cousins Cris and Will, my mom, and my aunt Ann and uncle Billy went out to dinner. After dinner, we dropped the parental set off, and my cousins and I went to a movie. We had a great time, playing loud music, laughing and talking on the way there. We recently had some problems which I don't really want to get into here, and ever since then I love having fun family moments like that, especially involving both of my cousins in the same place.
:smile:
Then during the movie, my mom called one of them. Seems she hadn't heard from my great aunt Maureen in a couple of days, and was worried. She called a neighbor of Maureen's and had him check up on her. Seems Maureen had a stroke. She went to the hospital, and my mom and aunt went down to stay with her. She died yesterday afternoon around 3.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, what a turn of events, I'm sorry to hear that Kate (that is your name right? It's been so long, and I know we have multiple Kates, I can't remember if you're one of them... I'm sorry).

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks all, it's very much appreciated.
Lol, Snowth, yes, I'm Kate.
:smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
At least you had family around when you received the sad news.

Hoping you're all able to celebrate who your aunt was, and keep those memories fresh and lively, not down and gloomy. Sympathies for you and yours...:sympathy:

----------------

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
She was my grandmother's closest sister. We were close, sometimes too close. She just recently spent over a month with us after falling down a couple of our steps and breaking her wrist. She was dificult to live with at times, but she was loving. I remember her being around when my grandmother died.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh Kate...I'm SO sorry! :sympathy: Remember the good times you had with her. Good thoughts & sympathy go out to you & your family.