A Sesame Street Inconsistincy

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
It might seem strange but even in a children's show like Sesame Street I have noticed an inconsistincy years ago when I first started watching the show it was an episode from 1984 and Snuffy is bouncing on a trampoline in Big Bird's room. The Count comes from around the other side out by Oscar's can and asks Big Bird what he's doing or whatever, and Big Bird tells him that his friend Snuffy is bouncing on his trampoline and the Count sees him and decides to Count how many times he jumps. He counts to 20 and Snuffy ends up on the roof on his 20th jump. Now this is before anyone believe Big Bird and they all thought he was his imaginary friend. Yet the Count saw him clearly when he counted his jumps. Ooops!

Just a goof on the writers I guess. :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
It might seem strange but even in a children's show like Sesame Street I have noticed an inconsistincy years ago when I first started watching the show it was an episode from 1984 and Snuffy is bouncing on a trampoline in Big Bird's room. The Count comes from around the other side out by Oscar's can and asks Big Bird what he's doing or whatever, and Big Bird tells him that his friend Snuffy is bouncing on his trampoline and the Count sees him and decides to Count how many times he jumps. He counts to 20 and Snuffy ends up on the roof on his 20th jump. Now this is before anyone believe Big Bird and they all thought he was his imaginary friend. Yet the Count saw him clearly when he counted his jumps. Ooops!

Just a goof on the writers I guess. :stick_out_tongue:
I believe some of the other Muppet characters saw him, just not the human grown ups. Elmo definitely did.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
The funny thing about Elmo is his very first appearance was on the exact same episode that all the adults saw Snuffy for the first time. But I do remember the 2 of them together earlier in the episode. Elmo was the one that held onto Snuffy so all the adults could finally see him. So I guess your right, the Muppets probably did meet him first. But what doesn't make sense is, if the other muppets saw him too, why didn't they back Big Bird up about his Snuffy stories?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also remember in "Elmo Saves Christmas" when Elmo saves Santa "Doc Hopper" Claus, he offers Elmo two special gifts: a pink bear, or a magical snowglobe. Elmo wanted the bear in the first place, then in the end when Elmo went back in time where he saved Santa, he acts as if he didn't want the bear in the first place.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Don't forget about the Elmo's World holiday special, while "Elmo Saves Christmas" seems to be completely forgotten. Santa didn't seem to like Elmo there. Yet in "Elmo's World" Santa says that Elmo is at the top of his nice list.

The funny thing about Elmo is his very first appearance was on the exact same episode that all the adults saw Snuffy for the first time.
Actually, I don't think that was Elmo's very first appearance. Just the first episode where Kevin Clash performed the Elmo we know today.

if the other muppets saw him too, why didn't they back Big Bird up about his Snuffy stories?
I never really thought of that. I do remember the segment where the count counted his jumps, but I thought that was after Snuffy was revealed. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, other Muppets and even the kids could back Big Bird up when he told the adults about Snuffy.

Heck, on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" when Snuffy got stuck in the barrel, Big Bird could have gotten the grown ups to come to his nest to meet him and he wouldn't have been able to get away. Food for thought.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
The Kids knew he was real

the kids on the street always backed Big Bird up and said they saw Snuffy, but nobody ever believed them after all who's gonna believe a five year old. Hence one of the reasons they revealed snuffy to be real. They wanted children to realize that they could be believed when they were telling the truth, no matter what the truth or how hard it was to deal with.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I also remember in "Elmo Saves Christmas" when Elmo saves Santa "Doc Hopper" Claus, he offers Elmo two special gifts: a pink bear, or a magical snowglobe. Elmo wanted the bear in the first place, then in the end when Elmo went back in time where he saved Santa, he acts as if he didn't want the bear in the first place.

Elmo was about to take the pink bear the second time because he knew of the dangers that came with that snow globe. But then when Santa pulled out the Moo-Bunny, Elmo wanted that instead.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Don't forget about the Elmo's World holiday special, while "Elmo Saves Christmas" seems to be completely forgotten. Santa didn't seem to like Elmo there. Yet in "Elmo's World" Santa says that Elmo is at the top of his nice list.

He did. There were just times when Santa got cranky because of Elmo's wish to make it Christmas everyday. You'd be too. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Elmo was about to take the pink bear the second time because he knew of the dangers that came with that snow globe. But then when Santa pulled out the Moo-Bunny, Elmo wanted that instead.
Hee-hee, I wouldn't mind a Moo-Bunny myself! Or a Cabbit!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
He did. There were just times when Santa got cranky because of Elmo's wish to make it Christmas everyday. You'd be too. :wink:
Well, he seemed cranky before that too. Still, you can tell it's a different Santa in each of those specials.

the kids on the street always backed Big Bird up and said they saw Snuffy, but nobody ever believed them after all who's gonna believe a five year old. Hence one of the reasons they revealed snuffy to be real. They wanted children to realize that they could be believed when they were telling the truth, no matter what the truth or how hard it was to deal with.
That's true. But the other Muppets could have backed him up. They knew that Bert wouldn't lie. Just an example.