A short Fraggle story

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this at Fraggle Rocker, but I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet.

Aniwho, the gist of this is that there is no real plot. It's actually a response to a challenge on LiveJournal, where I had to write a short ficlet like it was apart of an already-done story. Seeing as I didn't want to do yet another F-Zero related thing -and my knowledge of Xenosaga at the time was sketchy at best- I went with 'Fraggle Rock'.

---

Now You See It...
A 'Fraggle Rock' Fan Fic
by Elegance Liberty

DISCLAIMER: A short fanfic. Use your brain to figure out what happened. XD
Oh, characters © The Jim Henson Company, not me.

======

"See, Boober?" Gobo said, holding the wand in his hand. "I told you the magic wand worked."

"I still don't believe it," the mangy red-haired fraggle mumbled. "Just you wait and see, something bad is going to happen; I can feel it."

Before Gobo could say another word, little Tosh Fraggle bounded into the area of the cave the two were in. She appeared rather distraught and had slight tears dripping from her cheeks.

"Tosh, what's the matter?" Gobo asked, kneeling down beside her.

"I..." Tosh sobbed. "I can't find Beast!"

Boober and Gobo looked at one another in confusion. They had seen Beast mere moments before, but thought he had gone off to be with his owner. It broke Gobo's heart to see the little girl so upset, as he too knew the feeling of suddenly having a dear friend go missing.

"Aww, don't worry Tosh," he patted her on the back and gave her a hug. "I'm sure we'll find Beast eventually. Who knows? Maybe he went off to go get a snack or something."

Tosh sniffed and nodded in acknowledgment. All Boober could do was stand there with a look of disgust on his face.

"Gobo, if he went off to get a snack like you're suggesting," he began chidingly. "Then somebody would have seen him! I mean, this is Beast we're talking about!"

The orange-furred Fraggle pointed to the ceiling just above Boober.

"You mean like right up there?" he asked innocently.

Looking upward, Boober saw that a huge shadow was forming over him; as something was rapidly decsending to the floor. It was huge and rather... beastly in nature; leaving the fraggle little or no time to run away.

He turned his gaze to Gobo and Tosh, his expression that of blankness.

"... Have I ever told you how much I dislike my life sometimes?"