1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

A Very Very Bad Saturday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gipsey muppet, Jul 28, 2009.

1. gipsey muppet

gipsey muppet New Member

there is no more Muppet bus:concern: there I've said it, the electric mayhem is gone. Saturday as we were preparing for a car show to benefit 'Autism Speaks/ Special Olympics' of Illinois fire took the magic. were waiting for a report from the insurance adjuster to see if it can be rebuilt. my long history with automobiles tells me there is no way to save the bus. no more weddings, proms, childrens miracle network or D.A.R.E. shows. no more tours of the bus by Muppet fans only memories. i may post photos as i get over the shock and dissapointment, there very graphic so i may not:cry:.

Roger n Cindy

2. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

im confused. what happened?

3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

It is indeed a sad day for us all :cry:

4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

something crispied the Muppet bus? the horror! well, as long as everyone's okay.

5. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

Oh that's so sad! I'm very sorry to hear it. :(

6. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i think i figured it out. so there's no more EM bus? :( that's terrible! i always thought it should've been in a museum.

7. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

What happened, what? I'm a little confused!

8. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

Let me clarify this for you guys:
    Roger and Cindy have owned the Electric Mayhem bus for some time now (I forget how they bought it?), and took it to events and things so that fans could get their picture taken with it and the like. Something happened on Saturday (probably something internal - electrical or the engine? It was quite old for a bus like that) that caused the bus to catch fire and damaged it terribly, most likely beyond repair.

9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh my...Cindy and Roger, I am sorry for your loss. Really, I am. I am sure that you have brought many Muppet fans a complete dream-come-true moment of seeing and touching that Bus, and I am sure that everyone is grateful for that. I know I would be! Not only have you owned the bus for yourselves, you've toured it and given loads of people an opportunity they probably never expected to have of being a Muppet (more or less...Hehe)

I wish you luck in Insurance/Repair.

10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

In that case, that's terrible :( Like Beauregard said, I'm sure many fans were made happy by seeing it, I wish I could've seen it myself!

11. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i wish i would've gotten to see it before it burned. :(

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Terrible that we lost a great muppet treasure like that.

On that topic, I got very sick eating lousy Chinese Food Saturday. not anywhere near as bad as losing the Muppet bus... but it was NOT a pleasant night at ALL.

13. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Indeed, very sad news. But we can be thankful that it was around for as long as it was & that some fans got to enjoy it. I'm wondering if there are parts of the bus that can be saved (a steering wheel or mirror or something like that). It's not much, I know, but at least it would be something.

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, all good things sadly must come to an end.

15. cheady

cheady New Member

I just found this... I know this is a two year old post but. Did you throw it away? Are you still in possession of it?

16. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Though this post is two years old. I am so sorry for your lost. </3 Us Muppet fans had treasured it for such a good long time. Though, we'll still treasure it... in our hearts. :cry:

17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

However, it looks like the bus has been recreated (or recovered?) for the new Muppets Movie. And can be seen here: http://www.toughpigs.com/set-photos-1/

I honestly don't think that's the original bus, although it looks as gutted here as it may have been in real life after its untimely demise...