A work in progress - looking for ideas!

apendola

Reaction score
I was digging through the forum archives looking for inspiration when I found this neato tutorial to make a rod puppet out of a tennisball. Over the weekend I found myself at a sports store, so I went ahead and bought a tennisball and proceeded to make the head.

here is what I have so far

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/apendola/Photo13.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/apendola/Photo12.jpg

After initially fabricating the tennisball, I was upset by how simple the shape looked, so I made it more dynamic by adding those big jowls (really just an exaggerated version of "puppet dimples" and then I used ping pong balls for the eyes for added expression.

Now I'm pretty stuck because the figure just looks pretty mad, and I don't know what sort of mad character to make. I'm considering giving it a babushka type headscarf and making it some eastern european old woman, but I just don't know. Any suggestions?

PS. I got accepted to Tufts and UVA today! It's gonna be a hard choice... anyone have any suggestion as to which college to pick?

Onath

Reaction score
Go to Tufts then you will be down the street and we can build puppets together. Seriously I went to tufts it was awesome totally recommend it. Plus the view from the top of the library is awesome. Let me know if you go to Tufts. =)

biblebetty

Reaction score
what about a thin little body in a Black suit like jack skeleington. He could be a grumpy waiter.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I'm thinking the body has a hunched back- long and skinny trenchcoat- black. Maybe a rough top hat like the mayor wears in Nightmare Before Chistmas :smile:

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Reminds me alittle of a character from 'Spongebob Square Pants'

maybe give him a little insect like body , maybe with a shell or something and spindly arms

BorkBork

Reaction score
Reminds me alittle of a character from 'Spongebob Square Pants'

maybe give him a little insect like body , maybe with a shell or something and spindly arms
Definately! Maybe a fly! A really grouchy fly. It looks great! Hey could you please share that tutorial?

wes

Reaction score
I saw that but I never thought of covering it with fleace! sweet Idea, do you have the link!