A world without Muppets is tragic!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let's take a moment and think...what would the world be like without any Muppets whatsoever?

1. Puppets and/or puppetry wouldn't be as popular as it is, the reason why puppets are popular is because Henson brought to the world, Muppets, which is THE number brand of puppetry.

2. Nick Jr. would have the upper hand on educational TV, and there would be nothing out there that goes into deep details about the early lessons in life, because Sesame Street probably would not have tested well.

3. We would have no reason to come here.

Now when you really think about, Muppets are a big part of the world!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, and why do you think people are so miserable all the time? It's because they haven't watched Muppets! :attitude:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its a sad thought.
I've read that Jim Henson wanted to make a differnence to the world before he left, and he sure did! What a thought, if Jim Hensons parents hadn''t have had a baby called jim there would be no muppets!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Two people who changed my life forever (well, speaking secularly) are Jim Henson and Charles Schulz (Peanuts, Charlie Brown & Snoopy creator). Both are responsible for a ton of inspiration into either puppetry or cartooning, and not only changed the fabric in the blanket of American Culture, but touched people all around the world.

I don't think entertainment would be nearly so good without either of them.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Two people who changed my life forever (well, speaking secularly) are Jim Henson and Charles Schulz (Peanuts, Charlie Brown & Snoopy creator). Both are responsible for a ton of inspiration into either puppetry or cartooning, and not only changed the fabric in the blanket of American Culture, but touched people all around the world.

I don't think entertainment would be nearly so good without either of them.

Mine would have to be Walt Disney (Mickey Mouse) & Jim Henson (kermit) :big_grin: Oh....and some what Tim Burton

McFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah, mine would be Walt Disney and Jim Henson too.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
A world without Muppets would not be complete! I mean, I guess if I'd never had the Muppets around I wouldn't miss them. But it's a very sad thought not to have Animal to quote! "Bye bye!" "Woman!" :halo:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
People who had made an impact on people's lives: Jim Henson, Charles Schulz, Walt Disney, Gene Roddenberry, Chuck Jones, and maybe a few others. The world would be a different place without these people.

ryan