Abby Cadabby Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving parade

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder if there aill be any Broadway stuff, considering the stagehands strike.
I've been wondering the same thing actually. I mean, they might still go on since it's just the actors and there's not much of a stage. Also, not all the shows are closed because of the strike.

wiley207

Reaction score
Right. With a recorded version of the parade, I can just fast forward through most of that stuff and get to the balloons and other stuff I like. Though I did like the Grinch broadway segment. I wonder which Muppets will be riding on the Sesame Street Float this year anyways? And it's good to see they're bringing out the Kermit the Frog balloon. Maybe they want a classic Muppet to "help" Abby Cadabby in the parade. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hey - Who else has a parade with Muppet balloons besides Philly and NYC?:smile:
Well, in the America's Thanksgiving Parade, which is held in downtown Detroit, there's an Elmo ballon. Also, up until 2006,there was a "lifesize" toy train which carried walk- around versions of Elmo, Cookie, Ernie, and Bert, which was usually just an advertisement to promote the Sesame Street stage show coming to town.

wiley207

Reaction score
I just saw the Sesame Street float on TV. It was awesome! I loved seeing Barkley out there with the cast, and I enjoyed the presence of Hoots the Owl and Bob McGrath. I noticed that Elmo and Hoots were really close together. Maybe Kevin Clash was operating both puppets at the same time? And even though the Count was there, I didn't hear his voice from the singing, so I don't think Jerry Nelson could make it this year. :frown: But it was really cool seeing the REAL Muppets and humans together in a live appearance.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yes good ol barkly looked so cool. The thing that bugged me was that they where shooting the muppets that where not singing and didnt shoot the ones that where. the float looked great as always. Cant wait to see the kermit baloon.

zns

Reaction score
They've done it again. I can't wait to see what they will do for the 40th anniversary in two years.:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow, for once S.S. was one of the first floats to go this year!:smile: It was nice seeing Barkley again too, now onky if we can get him into some regular episodes!

And was Abby's wand supposed to look broken?:confused:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I taped it..... it was nice to have Sesame at the start of the parade. Hoots and barkly there was a treat and Kermit at the end of the parade (with "Rainbow" song playing) what a nice way to open and end the parde with Muppets! :smile:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I saw it the Abby Cadabby Balloon and also Kermit Balloon as well!