ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I guess Disney will have to sell The Muppets to another company.
That would be a bit extreme though wouldn't it? I mean sure, they haven't done as much as we the fans would have liked (still no Season's 4/5 of TMS), but maybe that's not the answer.
I kind of feel, no matter WHICH company the Muppets are a part of, they may still have this ratings turn out. I don't think it's necessarily ABC or Disney's fault. I feel a lot of it, again, it's a hard world out there in TV Land (the broad range of TV not the channel). It's got a lot of compitition now, Hulu, Netflix, DVD/Blu Ray, heck even Youtube, video games and smart phones. All things that drive business (and viewers) away.
It would be nice to give them a platform to just, be themselves. Maybe more viral content was the answer. I felt their Bohemian Rhapsody video from a few years ago was pretty popular. Kodochrome and Writing on the Wall seemed to do pretty well also.
Also, again, it wasn't just The Muppets that got Axed. (true this is MUPPET Central but lets look at the bigger picture). A good 75% of shows on their lineup didn't get renewed. Maybe the market for shows in that style is fading. Maybe in a few years the troupe will regroup and be back with something new and different for us.
I do hope they end up releasing a box set of episodes though. Would be nice to have tangible copies of this.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll continue to maintain all of those Twitter handles. Most if not all of everyone's posts advertised the show.

C to the J

Reaction score
ABC cancelling the show I don't mind watching practically frosts me. There was plenty for the crew to explore, too. It's not every day we see a voice actor get involved with the Muppets (Phil LaMarr did appear working at the hospital, but was uncredited). I was also expecting a point in time when Fozzie will express his hatred towards Jay Leno - I did NOT like how that one subplot with Fozzie ended. I guess they'll leave a lot to the imagination.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
very disappointing, what now a new movie maybe ?

not to long ago may be about 10 years ago one of my favorite short lived shows only got one season over the summer on ABC, THE GOOD FAMILY! The Good Family had such potential:sympathy:
so this is not new to ABC ... and my favorite all time show FUTURAMA Enough said.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
OH CRAP. BUT JUST LIKE JIM WE WILL KEEP ON GOING UNTIL WE GET ANOTHER

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP