1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by charlietheowl, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

2. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

WE (well actually we, as the fans, did nothing, but I digress) DID IT! The Muppets are coming back to dominate TV, baby!

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

4. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

*cue Kermit arm flail*

5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Fantastic news taken us a while but The Muppets are finally getting a new tv show yaaaaaaaay :)

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As I said before too, I wish the Muppet didn't have to fall into the trend of copying other popular shows, since almost all shows have tried to copy THE OFFICE since it ever hit the airwaves - they've always been above that, and always did their own thing. Sure, they've mocked, spoofed, parodied, and satired entertainment conventions, but this just seems to compromise the franchise's integrity.

I mean, hey, I'm psyched that we're finally getting a new show after Disney said we were going to almost ten years ago, and I'm ecstatic that the pilot tested so well to garner a full season of the series . . . just wish they went in a different direction is all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    LouisTheOtter likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

8. muppetwriter

muppetwriter Active Member

Got you covered! :)

[​IMG]

9. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Yes, there is not much else to say, just too cool, really nothing could be greater I really want to see the show, I mean was there much doubt, it got really positive reviews from the people, it is probably really good for a show.

Duke Remington and LouisTheOtter like this.
  10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Excuse me while I go run down my street and scream the news to the rest of my town!!! Best news I've heard all year!!

Oh please, please, please let an Aussie TV network pick it up!!! Please??!?!

11. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Whoopeeeee!!! "We did it" was exactly what first came to my mind lol!

I'm not even surprised, I was so confident that this will happen in the first place! Yay! Now there'll always be something to look forward to every week!:fanatic:

12. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

OH HAPPY DAY!!! :) :mad: :o :concern: :halo: ;) :sympathy: :fanatic: :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :shifty: :hungry: :attitude: :sleep: :boo: :grr: :sing: :D :flirt: :cool: :fishy: :news: :crazy: :cluck: :zany:

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. He might actually find it interesting, because delving into the characters' personal lives as this series intends to do lends itself to Jim's concept that the characters were never really "characters" in the sense of the word, but rather they were a troupe of actors that just happen to be puppets - that's why they've always been so well to adapt to stories in their own wacky retellings, such as MCC, MTI, and others: they're a universal adaptable cast, they're just fuzzy is all.

Jim was always very open-minded about everything, I think he would probably like to see how this series would turn out.

Duke Remington, cahuenga and galagr like this.
  14. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

*CUE THE FLYING PENGUINS*

15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

As for me, I'm ecstatic yet concerned about if this one will find an audience. I'm happy they're back on television, though network television never gave them the opportunities and chances syndication did.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  17. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm very excited that the Muppets are getting a chance this fall, it shows the confidence Disney (and by proxy ABC) have in the franchise. ABC has shown that it can develop sitcoms (Modern Family, The Middle, The Goldbergs all have a few seasons under their belt and Black-ish looks like it's heading that way), so I think they'll give the show the support it needs. I'll be interested to see where it slots in the schedule once that comes out.

Duke Remington and LouisTheOtter like this.
  18. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

"Could we do it all again - make 'em laugh like we did then?
    On the stage where we belong - we can harmonize for one more song"

That's where my mind and heart are right now, people. I'll worry about the details of the show's format and demographics and target audience and "would anybody watch, or even care" some other time.

Right now, I'm so excited I can't see straight. THE MUPPETS ARE COMING BACK TO PRIME TIME TV!!!
    And we found out - one day before the date universally acknowledged as Kermit's 60th birthday (and the 60th anniversary of The Muppets); six days before the 25th anniversary of Jim Henson's death; 17 years after the Muppets last had a weekly network series; and one year after MMW's box-office take had us all wringing our hands and worrying about the franchise's future.

THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, GANG!!! POS-A-LUTELY!!! :D

19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I honestly would be fine watching half an hour of the Muppets just sitting in a room, just because it means they are back on TV. I am not worrying about the content of the show at the moment, we should all just be thankful that the Muppets are finally getting their own show again!!!

Duke Remington and charlietheowl like this.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Variety shows do indeed suck. Not all of them indiscriminately. Carol Burnett did it right. But the sheer glut of crappy Sonny and Cher wannabes... ugh... don't make me force you to watch a Pink Lady and Jeff!

You do have a right to complain, though, and a right to not watch. Just not a right to ask why they're no longer relevant if the show fails. I'm sick of the "terrible food and small portions" argument.

Seriously... does anyone want a bad retread of The Muppet Show? That's why MT failed. The personal lives portion of that show was actually the best it got.

Duke Remington likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.