ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Oh, alright I just thought I remembered them saying how many they ordered. But i guess not.

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if the show will be broadcast in the U.K, I have tried to find out but to no avail.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if the show will be broadcast in the U.K, I have tried to find out but to no avail.
It was announced on Wednesday that it will be shown on Sky one in the Autumn. No definitive date or time available yet.

PuppetMad

Reaction score
It was announced on Wednesday that it will be shown on Sky one in the Autumn. No definitive date or time available yet.
That's great thanks for the info, cant wait to see it, will have to keep an eye out for a date now.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And according to the producers, "The Muppets" will be a documentary-style series focusing on Miss Piggy hosting a talk show where Kermit the Frog serves as executive producer, Fozzie the Bear is her on-air sidekick and Gonzo, Pepe the King Prawn and Rizzo the Rat are on the writing staff.

I didn't realize that the entire show is about the talk show. It seems very Muppets Tonight. The pilot was shown, so there is a good chance it will show up on youtube along with the rest of the panel.
Seems like Muppets Tonight done right. The obvious excuse for that series was that Henson wasn't using Kermit as much and Frank Oz was only available every so often. I love the concept that Piggy's got her own show, and the popular characters have these behind the scenes jobs instead of characters expressly created to fill those voids. I'm sure some of the old style sketches and songs will pop up from time to time. Everything about this sounds exciting. Especially Scooter having a major place at the table like he used to.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
-Kermit’s girlfriend Denise is being rebuilt so she doesn’t look so much like Spamela.

-Fozzie Bear will be Piggy’s sidekick, aka Ed McMahon.

-Scooter is the stage manager. Pepe and Rizzo are on the production staff. Bobo the Bear is the stage manager. Sam the Eagle will act as the head of broadcast standards for the network. Denise is the network’s head of marketing. The Swedish Chef will run craft services.

-Rowlf the Dog owns the bar across the street from the studio

-Fozzie dating a human woman is going to continue. Gonzo’s going to do some online dating.
Wait, Gonzo.... online dating..... does that mean he's not dating Camilla? also, Kermit got married in Muppets Take Manhattan obviously, there just hiding that since I don't think this is actually going to be canon with the actual franchise. also, seen the trailer with Fozzie dating a human woman disturbed me because it just felt like they were pulling a Ted with that one (but with Ted it was understandable because he was the only teddy bear, but Fozzie's not the only Muppet bear, seriously, there's also Bobo.)

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wonder how Statler & Waldorf would fit in? Would they be watching the show on TV a la Muppets Tonight and heckling them from there? I feel they're the kinds of guys who work best heckling face-to-face, and since this show won't have a live studio audience, that's the only way it would work.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kermit got married in Muppets Take Manhattan obviously, there just hiding that since I don't think this is actually going to be canon with the actual franchise.
The wedding was part of a musical, even if the minister was real. But since the movie came out, Kermit and Piggy had disagreements over whether it was real or not, with Kermit stating that it was just a movie. But I wonder if Miss Piggy will finally admit to that here.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The wedding was part of a musical, even if the minister was real. But since the movie came out, Kermit and Piggy had disagreements over whether it was real or not, with Kermit stating that it was just a movie. But I wonder if Miss Piggy will finally admit to that here.
Even if she does that still won't mean it's canon to the franchise. and they will still be complaining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.