1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by charlietheowl, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

That...that was a joke. That "review" was a joke.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well regardless I still think what I said needed to be said. I'm sure that most Muppet fans who read that would say it was a joke as well, but you can't be to careful.

Duke Remington and galagr like this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Man, that reviewer has no idea how Muppet productions work. It doesn't need Jason Segel to be good. All it needs is every Frackle, George the Janitor, Raggmop #4, The Snerfs, Brewster, the Snorer's Chorus and that caterpillar from "You'll Never Walk Alone" and it'll be the best Muppet show in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dwayne1115

That's right throw in as many obscure random Muppets from 1976 or before and you have yourself a show!

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Haha, well anyway, in other words...I am so excited to see the preview for the show tomorrow!!:D

6. dwayne1115

Wait what do you mean by preview?

7. WalterLinz

Someone here previously said there will be a first look of the show on the ABC site tomorrow.:)

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah apparently ABC is giving a first look at the show tomorrow

9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Wow!! If it pops up on line, can someone please post a link? It's unlikely to be shown here in Blighty :(

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I was just about to correct him, too.

Pilots don't usually get reviewed early, do they? I'd say that any reviews would have to wait to the show's airing anyway.

11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Muppet Henson Blog Spot just reported that the show is going to be on Tuesday nights at 8pm

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  12. dwayne1115

Sounds good to me!

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I feel like the jokes in this will be more akin to the movies, where they're still Muppety but grounded in the reality of the real world.

Duke Remington and jvcarroll like this.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm glad the show isn't airing on Friday nights. Tuesdays is a crowded TV night but ABC is showing faith in it by putting it there. Can't wait for the preview (couldn't find it at the above link).

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

I'm looking foward to this, this will give me an actual reason to watch broadcast networks. I can't wait.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  16. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

17. WalterLinz

18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Have to say I'm glad they renamed Spamela, since nothing could be more dated than a Pamela Anderson parody in 2015.

Ozymandias and Duke Remington like this.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder how permanent that change is. Somehow I'm guessing it's a case of "new character same puppet", but I also get the feeling she won't last long (probably just the first few episodes). If she makes appearances later down the road, will she be called Denise, Spamela, something else, or just not be referred to by name?

20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Good to see Pepe's in this. He wasn't in the trailer, so I was a little worried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.