1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by charlietheowl, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i'm so glad that Kermit is not being smothered by piggy anymore , it's about time that Kermit got some space and breath .

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

If I say "the only cast that outnumbers the Muppets is the characters in The Simpsons," I wonder if there is indeed truth to that. I really feel a TV show moreso than a movie could give all the characters possible some extended screentime. Beautiful Day was in one of the trailers. I'm not worried about characters not appearing here. I'm sure they'll all get a chance. All the recast ones, anyway.

Duke Remington and dwayne1115 like this.
  3. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

This just in: ‪The Muppets‬ will air it's first episode on Tuesday September 22nd at 8/7c on ABC!

4. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Just a small alert for Aussie fans:

I've absolutely strained my sources, but it seems that the show is going to be picked up by the Channel Seven network. There's no date or time just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until January.

Iscah likes this.
  5. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

This is going to be so much fun!

6. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

-Kermit’s girlfriend Denise is being rebuilt so she doesn’t look so much like Spamela.

-Fozzie Bear will be Piggy’s sidekick, aka Ed McMahon.

-Scooter is the stage manager. Pepe and Rizzo are on the production staff. Bobo the Bear is the stage manager. Sam the Eagle will act as the head of broadcast standards for the network. Denise is the network’s head of marketing. The Swedish Chef will run craft services.

-Rowlf the Dog owns the bar across the street from the studio

-Fozzie dating a human woman is going to continue. Gonzo’s going to do some online dating.

-Anyone from the Muppets universe is fair game to appear, including characters from the past two films.

And according to the producers, "The Muppets" will be a documentary-style series focusing on Miss Piggy hosting a talk show where Kermit the Frog serves as executive producer, Fozzie the Bear is her on-air sidekick and Gonzo, Pepe the King Prawn and Rizzo the Rat are on the writing staff.

I didn't realize that the entire show is about the talk show. It seems very Muppets Tonight. The pilot was shown, so there is a good chance it will show up on youtube along with the rest of the panel.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That seems like the perfect job for Rowlf. Get to stop in a bar, hang out with some people, make a few drinks, play a couple songs on the piano and head on his way.

Duke Remington and Drtooth like this.
  8. Ladywarrior

Ladywarrior Well-Known Member

wait... Kermit has a NEW girlfriend?! D:

9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It's OK, it's just for the show. Everyone knows Kermit and Piggy tied the knot in 1984. :):mad:

10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

How many episodes did ABC order? Was it 10 or 26 I don't remember.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I don't recall there ever being an episode order announced.

jvcarroll likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Oh, alright I just thought I remembered them saying how many they ordered. But i guess not.

13. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

Anyone have any idea if the show will be broadcast in the U.K, I have tried to find out but to no avail.

14. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

It was announced on Wednesday that it will be shown on Sky one in the Autumn. No definitive date or time available yet.

15. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

That's great thanks for the info, cant wait to see it, will have to keep an eye out for a date now.:)

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seems like Muppets Tonight done right. The obvious excuse for that series was that Henson wasn't using Kermit as much and Frank Oz was only available every so often. I love the concept that Piggy's got her own show, and the popular characters have these behind the scenes jobs instead of characters expressly created to fill those voids. I'm sure some of the old style sketches and songs will pop up from time to time. Everything about this sounds exciting. Especially Scooter having a major place at the table like he used to.

17. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

Wait, Gonzo.... online dating..... does that mean he's not dating Camilla? also, Kermit got married in Muppets Take Manhattan obviously, there just hiding that since I don't think this is actually going to be canon with the actual franchise. also, seen the trailer with Fozzie dating a human woman disturbed me because it just felt like they were pulling a Ted with that one (but with Ted it was understandable because he was the only teddy bear, but Fozzie's not the only Muppet bear, seriously, there's also Bobo.)

18. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I wonder how Statler & Waldorf would fit in? Would they be watching the show on TV a la Muppets Tonight and heckling them from there? I feel they're the kinds of guys who work best heckling face-to-face, and since this show won't have a live studio audience, that's the only way it would work.

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The wedding was part of a musical, even if the minister was real. But since the movie came out, Kermit and Piggy had disagreements over whether it was real or not, with Kermit stating that it was just a movie. But I wonder if Miss Piggy will finally admit to that here.

20. ToonGeek

ToonGeek Active Member

Even if she does that still won't mean it's canon to the franchise. and they will still be complaining about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.