1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by charlietheowl, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Bear Man

Bear Man Active Member

JimAndFrank likes this.
  2. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! I WANT SPAMELA BACK!!!

Muppet fan 123, Muppy and JimAndFrank like this.
  3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Yeah.....wow.....no.....Just no......

4. Muppetboy09

5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

The new design is probably the point of her character.

Besides, don't judge a book by its cover. There's more to a puppet than a design--it's all about the personality and performance. And it would be wise to reserve judgment until we actually get to know her and her personality better.

Remember how some fans were back when we got our earliest glimpses of Walter...

6. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Not impressed with Denise's design so far, but things can change when we see the voice and mannerisms and get to know the character, which I am certainly looking forward to. And Denise's "reveal" has been dominating Twitter today, which is exciting. People are really getting into this, which hopefully will translate into ratings.

Muppy likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My immediate reaction was: EW. EW. EW. (no, not Entertainment Weekley)

Now, I saw: while not as bad as I thought, she still looks iffy. We'll see how she works when the show begins.

And lest we forget: Miss Piggy wasn't a looker either when she first debuted.

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know. Maybe they intentionally tried to avoid making her as attractive as Miss Piggy. But in that case, Piggy wouldn't feel threatened by her. Just a few thoughts.

Duke Remington likes this.
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

What's so bad about Denise's new design compared to her original Spamela-esque appearance?
    Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the series starts in three weeks to judge for myself.

Counting down at 21 days and, go!

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Denise's new design is hideous. Her head looks like it was made from something I'd expect to see on a badly-made doll or toy. Makes me wonder, if there are ever toys of Denise, would they qualify for Tough Pigs' Ugly Toy Contests? I don't think I've ever seen a Muppet with a head made from that kind of material before.

11. JimAndFrank

Looking at Denise again 5 hours later, I actually don't mind her design. I imagine it was difficult for the Muppet designers and builders to come up with a look for Denise that was attractive, but also not a cookie-cutter copy of Piggy. She needed to be a bit unique. I agree that the eyes aren't quite right, but a bit of reshaping could easily fix that.

Once again, the Internet has had a complete meltdown over this 'new girlfriend' thing. And once again, I am rolling my eyes. Everyone is encouraging Piggy to play the field, but Frog forbid that Kermit begin a new relationship with someone who won't push him around and let him have a say in how it develops. Can't he have that just once?

I'm going to come right out and say it. I am 100%, completely on Team Denise for the show. Sometimes change is just necessary. Whether it's for the story line, or Kermit's and Piggy's character development, I'm willing and ready to see it happen.

12. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

Performance could change a lot of my perception, but she doesn't look like a Muppet. She looks like a pig figurine. The eye-nose triangle is all off so it doesn't appear that she's looking anywhere in particular.

But the more I look at it the more I'm okay with the rest of her. It's just the eyes. Her snout is a little small, which is jarring at first, but that could be a plastic surgery joke or something. But those eyes ....

I think I was thrown off at first because they made a puppet that looks like Spamela but doesn't look like Spamela. I guess they wanted to make her look enough like the puppet used in the pitch reel that people would know who she is.

13. Muppetboy09

Number 2 trending topic on FB it "The Muppets" right now. Her look is kind of growing on me, but man is it creating some good publicity for the show!

14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

As shocking at it is that it happened, publicity stunt or not, it happened. I'm actually really interested how this all plays out in the show; I wouldn't say I'm happy about it, but I'm certainly not sad either. I'm just very curious what changes this will make, outside of Kermit and Piggy.

15. MuppetsandMe

MuppetsandMe New Member

Haha what the heck is the stuff outlining Piggy's snout meant to be

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. JimAndFrank

I don't know, but that snout mark made me laugh harder than anything else in the video. The best visual gags are the subtle ones. :D

17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Probably foundation or some other form of makeup.

Duke Remington and jvcarroll like this.
  18. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

So now that the show is basically 2 weeks away, I wonder if Disney has any plans for them to go on Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel to promote the show like when a new movie came out.

19. Jedi Kitty

Jedi Kitty New Member

I actually think Denise is a beautiful looking pig.. Guess I'm pretty much alone over here with that opinion ! :D

JimAndFrank likes this.
  20. JimAndFrank

No, you're certainly not! I've come to really liking her look. Her eyes need a slight adjustment, but other than that she's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.