about shmit

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
since there was a thread talking about catch me if you can, i thought i should talk about about shmit!

saw the movie a few weeks ago after hearing how good the movie was from some radio station so i decided to see it. i liked it. i thought jack nickleson did a great job acting wise. he'll probably get nominated for best actor, which he should since he was good in the movie, and also best picture too..

i won't give the movie away but if anyone is wondering what it's about, it's basically about nicklesons characters life after he retires from his job that he's been doing for like 30 years. its a funny movie about a regular type "joe" and his life...

3 1/2 out of 4 stars is what i would rate this movie

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
people what are you waiting for. stop sitting on the computer looking at this stuff and go see this movie now!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
I will! I actually plan on seeing About Scmidt and The Wild Thornberries soon...can't wait to see either of them!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
good for you, go see those movies....woohoo...

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
OMG! I just saw About Schmidt! WOW! This was really something else...the mood, the feel, the little facial contortions on Jack Nicholson's face...wow!

I dont think Ive ever laughed so hard yet also teared up at a film.

I put this with other great 'scenes of Americana/grainfields in the midwest' type films(like Koyaanisqatsi, The Straight Story, True Stories, My Own Private Idaho, etc) That very relaxing, lush ornate ambience.

I also really like the message of the film...about reflecting on life, and making a difference. Good stuff!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
told you it was a good movie..hehehe

jack nicklesnon or either daniel day lewis will get best actor..but jack did a great job in the movie..

i enjoyed the ending too. i thought it was a great ending for a great movie...

ok people now it's "your" turn to go see the movie!...

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
saw the movie again today.....thought it was great....so go see it people, instead of something dumb like just married....

ryan

hdofu

Reaction score
I was thinking about seeing this movie, guess now I will.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by hdofu
I was thinking about seeing this movie, guess now I will.
good for you, you won't be dissapointed..

ryan