Academy Awards

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Super Scooter, you're in the wrong thread. The Board of Random Randomness is under a different heading!!!

(J/K) :halo:

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Originally posted by CraigD
Roman Polanski made a beautiful film in The Pianist and deserved the standing ovation. He's an exceptional filmmaker who's just made his best film in years.

Whoever called him a pedophile was a bit harsh. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone what he did.

But he did believe the girl was older, she took part freely and they were both drunk and or stoned. He made a mistake. A serious mistake. But it's not like he's the kind of guy hiding in bushes at primary schools.

Craig
The fact is he had sex with a thirteen year old girl. I don't care if she looked like Pam Anderson. He is a pedophile and a criminal and should be punished. It is not harsh by any means and he should not be treated as a nice guy who screwed up. If he was poor and worked at a video store the same indictment it would be enforced. No one should forgive him because somehow his artistic brilliance makes up for it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
:sympathy: : I once operated on a cake.

:mad: :flirt: : Oh?

:sympathy: : Yes. He had a yeast infection!

:mad: : That was one of your yeast funniest jokes.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Mmmmm....cake.

Ever notice how a cup-cake is like a big cake, only smaller:big_grin:

Oops..I hear the thought police approaching.

He looks like this::wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
lets get back to the academy awards folks.........

for best actor, i really thought it was going to be daniel day lewis. he did an awesome job in gangs of new york. it was either going to be him or jack nickolson. i saw about schmidt and i thought he did a good job too. but i thought since lewis never really acts that much that he should have gotten the oscar. i have not the pianist but i'm sure adrien brody did a heck of a good job as a new comer leading the movie....guess i need to see the movie to see for myself..

ryan

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
If you are very patrotic Byron, then you should realize that tacky or not, Michael Moore had every right to say what he did in his speech, on live Television, to every home in America, because this is a free country.

I'm not being mean to you right now, but keeping open minds and seeing things from other perspectives is what makes this country great.
I know everybody has rights Nate, I'm just big on tact---and he obviously isn't. :rolleyes:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by sidcrowe
But the rich and spoiled couldn't take it, not even for 30 seconds.

Boo hoo hoo! An audience of squaling infants.
Uh, he would've gotten the boos at any ceremony.

It was the way he said it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ryhoyarbie

I get what you're saying, but I favor spreading the wealth. I must admit that any previous Oscar winner is low priority for me. Probably shouldn't be that way. It should be the one who did the best job. Adrian Brody did an excpetional job so I'm happy for him. I was rooting for him, but there were so many other deserving people this year too.

It was said a while back that this might be a boring year for Oscars and that has kind of been true, but I think the nominees for Actor and Actress were really exciting. There were no clear favorites. I like that.