Academy of TV Arts & Sciences to Honor Jim Henson

Voiceroy

Reaction score
I was reading comics/animation writer Mark Evanier's blog (newsfromme.com) and he says while he was attending an event at The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences honoring animation legends Joe Barbera and the late William Hanna with a wall sculpture, he discovered the following:

One section of wall nearby was covered with a drape which some of us peeked under. Beneath was a very handsome likeness of Jim Henson, surrounded by Kermit, Gonzo, Rowlf and other Muppets. It was in the same style as the one of Hanna and Barbera, perhaps even by the same sculptor, Richard Ellis. No unveiling date has been announced. In fact, we weren't even supposed to know it was there.
Although Mark has other photos from the event, he didn't risk taking one of the Henson sculpture, for obvious professional reasons.

Read the complete story at http://www.povonline.com/notes/Notes061.htm

And whenever the Academy is ready to announce this, you're sure to find a press release at http://www.emmys.tv/ but I think it's likely they'll announce it somewhere around the time of Jim Henson's birthday in September.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This sounds very exciting and wonderful to know that the arts are still so willing to honor Jim. I also know that Phil will continue now to make information on this available as time goes on.
Excellent find Voiceroy!

unclematt

Reaction score
I have been waiting on this for a whil now. I hope it is released soon. I cant wait to see it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
One of my favorite creators of Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo and other Hanna Barbera classics. I wished I could of been there. I love all those shows. Hope they come out with "Space Ghost and BirdMan with all those cartoons inbetween. I would love to see the Jim Henson one. I'm going to try too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow. Sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see Piccys of this!

On another subject, I'd love to see statues released of that Kermit statue from VMC. "The lovers, teh dreamers, and you..." Sorry. Got of the topic there...

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Wow. Sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see Piccys of this!

On another subject, I'd love to see statues released of that Kermit statue from VMC. "The lovers, teh dreamers, and you..." Sorry. Got of the topic there...
I wasnt aware that the statue actually existed. I thought it was just made for the movie. Maybe I am wrong.