1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Action figure insurance

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by momble, Apr 27, 2014.

1. momble

momble Member

Hi. In the process of moving home so packed up the figure collection but got chatting to a friend that asked whether I had them insured. What is the general feeling about insuring them - do you insure them individually or as a collection? Advice would be greatly appreciated. (for the record I have most of the figures, basic and variants, all still on cards as well as the playsets/megas/exclusives and all 3 master replicas)

2. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

You can't get toys insured. :confused:

3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Don't know, but I've heard of people insuring certain expensive items (though most cases I know of occur in movies or television). Somebody I used to work with actually had a Pokemon card insured (it was the Charizard card), and it ended up being stolen. So I guess if you can insure a rare Pokemon card you can insure a toy.

4. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Well master replica is insurable, maybe playsets.

5. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

why dont you try claim them on home insurance?, ive had watches and rings replaced by it so i dont see why figures cant be?

6. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

Hmm, I guess so. But that's sort of like insuring a cake.
    But toys aren't to valuable in the eyes of business men. Unless you prove it to them.

7. Eyeball

oh yeah i forgot about 'THEM' those heartless cronies, its always a plan B then i guess.

8. Wafflesnacker

Wafflesnacker Member

My plan B is get crap load of bubble wrap.

9. Eyeball

Also quite an effective and let's face it hassle free backup plan.

10. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Could you maybe pack them in a smaller box and take them separately in your own car rather than the moving truck?

I know that when I can move out, I'm going to have a LOT of little valuables like that, and I'll probably just take the most important stuff with me in a separate car, that way nothing can happen. I'll leave the moving truck for the furniture :p

11. momble

momble Member

Checked with insurer and told that as long as a 'single item' isn't over £1000 then that's fine (collection together is more than that but listing it to an insurance company item by item would take ages). Thought about the moving of them all and I'd probably let the removal firm take the furniture and I'd hire a van for the collections :):)

12. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Back in the days when I had a subscription to the now defunct ToyFare magazine, I actually do remember there being an ad from time to time about an insurance for collectables, if you can believe that,:crazy:. I wanted to look into but never did, but if you still need it, I'll see if I can dug up those old issues and see if I can find a phone number or website or something.