Adding arm rods to an existing puppet

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions about adding arm rids to an existing puppet without them? My intent is to have a puppet with arms like Gonzo or Grover, where the arms are loose, the hands hang, and the arm rod simply directs them from the wrist, but there wouldn't be a whole lot of structure besides. Thanks in advance.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
Do you want to re-make the puppet's arms? If you did, you could put in arm rods then. Otherwise, I would make some removable arm rods like this
  1. take the prickly part of a strip of velcro that matches the skin or fur and cover it with the same fabric used to make the skin or fur so that it blends in.
  2. Attach the strip to the end of an arm rod
  3. Wrap the prickly part of the velcro around the wrist, and anchor it to the arm rod.

Now you have an arm rod that works and is removable.

Hope this helps,

Jason

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Or use a small doll joint and on the rod make a small loop, then you can just hang the rod loop on the doll joint and snap it closed, and when you need to you can snap it p=open and take the rod off.:wink:

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
The doll joint would be internal? I don't really need to remove teh arm rod. Would the doll joint idea be pretty sturdy if I put it inside? I don't want something that will come off to easy.