Adding Life To Sesame Street

Censored

Reaction score
Okay, here are some of my weirder ideas for the show. How about making Ernie's Rubber Ducky able to talk and move? He's been around since the show's beginning, isn't it about time he got some lines of his own?

I've also thought that the Sesame Street lamp post should come to life sometimes and maybe turn around with a face that can talk. Maybe it could even move around the street.

Before these ideas are dismissed as ridiculous, remember that this is the show that has had talking haystacks, talking rocks, talking trees, talking food, etc.

In any case, it seems like a good idea at 1:35 am in the morning. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had the idea of the Sesame Street lampost coming to life too! I had this idea, where everyone notices it keeps on appearing in a different spot everytime they look up, and then it speaks. Rubber Ducky coming to life might extend Ernie's social life. I also thought that maybe Big Bird's nest come to life. :sleep: :boo: But as for the other things, they might work.

ssetta

Reaction score
That might not be a bad idea with the lamp post. I do remember a skit where Grover wanted to show "away from," and found a lamppost. So he wanted to get "away from" the lamppost, but it followed him wherever he went. It's like Grover and the lamppost were playing tag. Then, he got tired, and wanted to rest his head against it, and the lamppost got away. So, in other words, that lamppost was oppositional. Then, he was going to use something more stable to show "away from," like the wall. Then, he climbs onto the wall, and the wall moves away!

This may seem like a classic, but it's actually from approximately 1996.