Ahhhhh!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
one of the worst things to do is show your emotion in front of your students. Seriously. I've seen my 7th grade class cause my teacher to cry. Whatever respect the class had for her was out the window. Kids like making teachers upset. Showing anger, frustration, or sadness will make things a whole lot worse. And as soon as a teacher cries, the students will stop listening all together

but in all honesty, for the most part, my classes now actually respect subs. And respect the teacher for the most part. Except my history class, but thats a crazzy class anyway and the teacher is cool :cool:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont really know. I think that the just like seeing how far they can push a teacher. I remember in middle school the 6th grade class made it their goal to make at least one teacher quit. And actually...it worked

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It makes students feel like they have power over something in their life. It really comes down to the home life of the child, their personality, and such.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But most us either didn't have such behaviors at all or we grew out of 'em. Why do such behaviors to start with when all the teacher is trying to do is have you learn some basics so you'd be well-rounded for the future?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That, I think, is a strong exaggeration.
I agree with you Lisa. I mean I remember there always being computers in the class room. But I guess I'm just saying that as far as kid having their own personal lab top is and bringing it to school of kind of a little over board to me. I can understand a collage student needing one, but we never needed those in class when I was in school I mean pencil and paper worked just fine. And even in collage I did really need one that much. I depend on what you are studying or majoring in. I have heard about kids having way too muhc home work and I can honestly sympathize with them as homework was my life in school.:stick_out_tongue: Also had the calculator and got used to not using it, but I can understand with the higher levels of math as that is needed to do it. It's weird because of the personal way I leaned later on was if you put a whole bunch of books in front of me and say give me something and have it all done by a certain time frame, I will be done flawlessly, but if you try to explain it to me then I will not get it most likely. Anyway, no problem about the rant at all. But the things I am saying about the kinds having it too good or easy. I mean some of this technology is not really all that old and it wasn't that long ago that is wasn't considered the "norm", and kids got along just fine without it. But I agree with you that there are definitely a lot of really good teaches out there who deserve so much more respect then they are getting.

(this speedy process by society is why kids know of sex, swears, and other 'adult' subjects way before we ever learned about them and--IMHO--why some kids are sadly even getting into "the act" itself at as young as 14...*shudders*).
I remember a long time ago that my four year old neighbor had all kinds of dirty words coming out of her mouth. And I remember asking her and her older sister if her parents knew she talked that way and they were just casually like "Yeah, so?" Sure enough those little girl spoke this way in from of her parents and they did not even blink about it.

I have always believed that being a parent is not a privilege, but a responsibility.
Well I think it's both.

It seems like there is such a huge generation gap right now, and that teachers can't seem to connect with young students anymore.
I've noticed this and I agree with you!

one of the worst things to do is show your emotion in front of your students. Seriously.
I had teaches like that in my senior year. They were very emotionally passionate people. My probability and statistics teacher was like if one of you fails and has to go to summer school I will sit there and cry with you. I failed her class by the way, but I didn't cry. Oddly enough I aced the same subject the next year with out having learned a thing from the last time I took the class.:stick_out_tongue: :confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I mean if you are teaching and start crying about how you have never taught such a misbehaved class or something

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well thanks for the advice.

I did not want to be a substitute since I got certified and applied to 30 school districts in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I only got one phone call for an interview for a school I did not even apply for. But they hired someone else. In the back of my mind I was thinking substituting would be the last thing I would do.

I substituted for the highschool in the town I live in yesterday and thursday. Hald of them did not do their work and wanted to talk.

The susbstitute job seems more like baby sitting than anything else.