airings of specials

superboober

Reaction score
What I'm asking in this post is on which networks and for how long (as in consecutive years, or if they were one-shotters) the many Muppet specials (both holiday and with the regular characters in special occasions) aired over the years. I hope the way I've worded this isn't confusing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that the following networks were the original networks that aired the following specials:

Hey, Cinderella! - ABC
The Muppet Valentine Show - ABC
The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence - ABC
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street - PBS
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Togetehr - ABC
Big Bird in China - NBC
The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years - CBS
Tale of the Buny Picnic - HBO
A Muppet Family Christmas - ABC
The Sesame Street Special - PBS
Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting
The Muppets at Walt Disney World -NBC
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson - CBS
Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake - PBS
Sesame Street Stays Up Late - PBS
Sesame Street's All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Streets Forever
Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree - CBS
Elmopalooza - ABC
Cinder Elmo - Fox
Sesame Street Unpaved - TV Land and Noggin (aired on both channels on the same day)
The Street We Live On - PBS

superboober

Reaction score
How about the last years the longer-running ones aired on their respective networks? I know HBO ran Emmett Otter at least to 1990, since my 3rd grade class watched a copy taped off the network with HBO's graphics from that year on the tape before the show began. Did they switch it to Nickelodeon immediately after that, or was there a lapse of a year or two while the rights were resecured? And was 1992 the last year PBS ran CEoSS, as that's the last time I saw it there (as part of the local WVIA-44 holiday fund drive)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that the christmas ones are the only ones to have been shown at least once a year. I know that A Muppet Family Christmas was broadcast on ABC in 1987 and, I think, 1988, on NBC in 1989, on Nickelodeon from 1992 untll at least 1997, and on The Oddyssey Channel in 1999. I am not sure if Emmet Otter was shown every year. I know that there are some official sources that list Emmet Otter as originally airing on ABC and others that list it as originally being on HBO.