Aladdin DVD coming October 5

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Hey ,october 5th aladdin is finally coming to dvd.Seeing how its one of disneys last classics and very underated i wanderd if any one planned on purchasing this diamond in the rough.I know i will i've been waiting for years to see this treasure once again in glorious dvd quality. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Oh I totally LOVE that movie! I'm definitely getting the DVD! You know, Aladdin was the first movie I ever saw in the theaters :big_grin: I heard there was a new song in it, hopefully it'll be good (Like "Human Again" in Beauty and the Beast :smile: , but I couldn't stand "Morning Report" in Lion King :boo: )

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Nope, the bonus song is Proud of You Boy

I love the Platinum Edition DVD's! Human Again and Morning Report were both great songs! and I LOVE to hear commentaries! (if you haven't heard the one on Beauty & the Beast, it's one of the best commentaries!)

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Now, stop me if this muffin gets too big, but I just saw something online that said the song "Street Rat" may have some influence from Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". I haven't seen the movie in a while; can anyone see a similarity?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
no, I can't...I can think of a similar note or two...but any two songs will have that.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey, isn't Clay Aiken supposed to be singing on this dvd for the new song?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey, isn't Clay Aiken supposed to be singing on this dvd for the new song?
Are you serious? :eek: Jeepers. These re-releases drive me crazy, I've got all these things on tape and it seems dumb to buy them again, but the deluxe DVDs are so cool! If Clay's on it, I may have to consider especially hard...
Erin

baby sinclair

Reaction score
I believe if clay is singing for this dvd it'll just be a extra trailer it wont be in the actual film.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm so excited for the release of Aladdin!! It's my favorite Disney movie and I'm glad to get on DVD.

Here's a story about Clay singing that song....it'll be part of the extras. I got this story from zap2it.com:

Aiken Sings Deleted 'Aladdin' Song for DVD
Fri, May 07, 2004, 12:05 PM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - As if being an "American Idol" runner-up and a best-selling recording artist weren't enough, Clay Aiken just wants to make his mother proud.
The lanky 25-year-old will lend his pipes to singing "Proud of Your Boy" for the upcoming 2-disc "Aladdin" Special Edition DVD.

The ballad, which was deleted from the 1992 film, was written by Oscar-winning songwriters Howard Ashman and Alan Menken and was sung by the Aladdin character to his mother. The song gives additional insights into Aladdin's motivations, especially his wish to make his mom proud.

The song is particularly suited to Aiken's brand of epic singing as well as to his respect for his mother, whose maiden name he took for his own. Aiken's recording will be accompanied by a music video to be released as a special bonus track on the DVD set.

Additional bonus features include: a virtual DVD carpet ride with all-new animation, deleted scenes, "Aladdin" movie secrets, a 3-D tour of the Genie's lamp hosted by Robin Leach, games, Genie musical postcards, sing along music tracks, all new music videos, and more. The DVD is scheduled for release on Tuesday, Oct. 5.

"Aladdin" grossed over $479 million worldwide and won two Oscars for best original score (Menken) and best song, "A Whole New World" (Menken and Tim Rice).