1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Alan from Sesame in college pamphlet

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by goshposh, Aug 29, 2004.

1. goshposh

goshposh Member

i have just started college at the university of connecticut and i went to a meeting to help you with finding a good career after college. so i open up the booklet and i see alan staring back at me. the caption by him says get ine your professors heads. wow i didn't know the youth of america is being taught be a college professor! :D
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Is it on page 9 under the 6 keys to sucess in the pamphlet called "The Ultimate Road Trip: Campus to Career"? If so I know what you are talking about, the picture in question does look a lot like Alan Muraoka (Alan from Sesame Street). I would agree on that. I'm not 100% sure if it is indeed him, but I really think it is. You could probally ask on his website if it is him or not, the address for that is www.AlanMuraoka.net. The site has an E-mail link and you could ask if it is him in "The Ultimate Road Trip: Campus to Career". When I first saw a copy of this pamphlet I thought it was him too, you're not alone there.
  3. goshposh

goshposh Member

yeah thats the one. also another out of the blue muppet related incident that happend to me today. i was at this hip hop comedy show. dont ask. anyway the comedian said that this one rapper looked like animal from the muppet show. very strange
  4. zanimum

zanimum New Member

There's no mention of Alan on the UofC website, just an H. Muraoka, who was in a insomnia study they did.

There is a School of Fine Arts, which has a Dramatic Arts course. Also has a puppetry course, but Alan wouldn't likely be in that.

Scan it in, please.
  5. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Actually, you can be a Master of Fine Arts in Puppetry!! :excited: http://www.sfa.uconn.edu/drama/puppetry/mfarts.html

Pam Arciero and Jen Barnhart are the only Sesame Street or elsewise Muppeteers I recognise from their alumni.
  6. goshposh

goshposh Member

i was just joking about alan being a professor. he probally just posed as a professor for the pamphlet. and i think that david rudman might of went here
  7. zanimum

zanimum New Member

Why would a university risk their reputation by putting fake professors in the promo?
  8. goshposh

goshposh Member

the pamplet didnt come from the university. it was from an outside company who was doing a lecture/workshop thing.