ALF Coming To DVD

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thought i'd mention that ALF is (finally) coming to DVD on October 22nd in the USA. They are releasing 'The ALF Files' - three hour long specials (a christmas one, and two others that also incorporate lots of clips from the classic earlier episodes) as well as a commentary, bloopers etc. The box art is pretty spoovy too !

Here is the full text :-

The legendary 80s TV show brings three of its award-winning one hour specials to home video on DVD and VHS.
Try to Remember: ALF hits his head and gets amnesia. Soon he has decided he’s an insurance salesman and the Tanners try to revive his memory by recalling past events. Unfortunately the police think something strange is going on, and the family has another problem to contend with.
Alf’s Special Christmas: ALF spends Christmas in a mountain cabin with the Tanners.
Tonight, Tonight: ALF (and of course Ed McMahon) host The Tonight Show.
DVD bonus features include commentary by ALF, out takes, and more

Anyway, if you are interested there's more at my ALF forum at http://alf.proboards9.com

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Luke! Sure you are quite excited.

Will they be released internationally?

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, i think it's safe to say there was nearly a puddle on the floor when i read the news (ewww) - ALF fans having been waiting for DVD for ages now - petitions, emails, letters etc etc.

I don't think it will be released internationally - the company who has bought the rights concentrates on North America so it looks like Canada and USA - thankfully i've got a multi-region player !

Best thing is that they've treated it so well and actually spent money on it with design and extras.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Now how do we go about getting the cartoon on DVD? I loved that much more than the TV show. Lots of Alf, no Tanners, aliens eating cats. It's a wonder it's not already available!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey GW,

I agree the cartoon was great, though i found the sitcom easier to get into. Anyway the ALF DVD rights are being bought up by this company :- www.videoservicecorp.com and they are really nice people so if you drop them a line and mention the cartoon they might be interested.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am so glad ALF in any form is coming to DVD (and hopefully Video) , so I won't have to go on an ALF comic binge again. One time I bought 8 ALF comics (4.00 for the lot) and read them all at once, and I couldn't think of anything else for hours. My mind was a blank. I'm never doing that again.

But if they can get a cartoon DVD released....:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey DrTooth,

The same DVD is also being simultaneously released on Video tape too (just without the extras). $4 for 8 ALF comics was a great deal - they were classics !

scott

Reaction score
I too made a puddle in school when I first heard.