ALF's Hit Talk Show Debuts

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Puppet Fans,

Just a quick reminder that the pilot episode of ALF's Hit Talk Show premieres tonight in the USA on TV Land, followed by a marathon of episodes of the original 80's sitcom. It all starts tonight at 10pm (et/pt) and is repeated on Saturday morning at 9am (et/pt)

You can find the official show website with clips, interviews and a cool animatronic cat promo by clicking here and my own ALF forum is discussing the new show here.

Things are looking great for a full series soon so miss it or miss out !!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Luke! I'll have to check this out.

How is your Alf site coming along? You've been working on it here and there since 1999 or so, right? Even if it wasn't finished this would be a great time to see something launch since Alf interest will obvioulsy be at a highpoint with the new show.

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Phillip. Yeah i have been compiling information and writing stuff for the site since about that time although the graphics and things have always been the main problem. I will definitely be looking to launch it within the next couple of months to capitalise on the new show and also the sitcom DVD releases. I'll keep ya informed !

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think it's great the way you and others have helped keep Alf fandom alive Luke. If you ever meet Paul Fusco he should definately buy you a drink!

I posted links to some of the news stories about the pilot here.

It's also worth mentioning that TV Land Canada doesn't seem to have plans to air this year. Canadians (or anyone who wants to help us) can use this form to send a polite note to TV Land Canada to get us some Alf up here pronto!

Iokitek

Reaction score
Aspereges, aspereges... heh
Sorry that's the last ALF episode I saw and that song is sometimes stuck in my head.

Anyway... are you a collector Luke? Or just a fan? I believe I have a Dutch first issue of the ALF comic lying around somewhere. I could look it up and send it to you if you'd like that.

Just drop me an email then with your addy and I'll see if I can dig it up, if I still have it.

Oh btw, those ALF handpuppets you see everywhere don't even look that bad. I think I'll get some from eBay. they're really cheap. I believe they are from Burger King or something.

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the links on your site Buck, yeah i do try to help as much as i can, actually suggested a guest to Paul if the series gets picked up. I'll be sending a note to TV Land Canada. Cool about the ALF Comic Iokitek, appreciate it, i'll be in touch.

So anyway i hope people like the show. I've seen clips and i think there are some gold moments. There has been some criticism but hey, it's a pilot and it always takes a while to smooth formats out with any show. Haven't actually seen the full thing yet - if anybody records it (especially if it's in some kind of digital media) i'd love to work something out to get hold of a copy.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Found the comic!

It turns out that it's issue #7 though instead of issue #1. :embarrassed: But if you still want it I'll send it to you. I could also check fleamarkets for ALF comics. I see them lying around sometimes for like 10cent each or something.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Way cool show! I'm SO proud to see ALF come back and be used again. Ed McMahon did a great job of introducing the show, but didn't do much else.

*SPOILER*

ALF rode on Joan Rivers' case, insulted Henry Winkler who showed up to surprise him, had some great quips with Drew Carey and Dennis Franz, and introduced a member of the audience who had an ALF tattoo on her hip. Great fun in this show. ALF's Hit Talk Show is a great piece of work. His personality seems like he used to be in the early days of the 80's TV show. I'm still not sure if the whole thing is totally scripted for ALF or not yet, some of it seems as such. I'll have it on tape, but missed like 2 or 3 seconds in the beginning (I think). Unless that's just how they started the show.