All Hope for Humanity is Now Lost...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It may not make it beyond the pilot, much like that Bad Teacher series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And here I am thinking that the anti-Gay "Religious Freedom" legislation passed.

No one likes Beiber anymore. His 15 minutes are over, and if he had a sitcom, it would go the way of Emerel. Canned quickly with no fans mourning it's loss.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This article's byline is from December of 2012, so I sincerely doubt that the sitcom is still in development. No one would want to touch him now due to his erratic behavior over the past six months or so.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This article's byline is from December of 2012, so I sincerely doubt that the sitcom is still in development.
Now that explains it. Even then, he just wasn't as hot as he was before. But now, everyone hates him. And even hating him is out of style and pointless. He's over, hating him is over... there's nothing to worry about. Even NBC isn't desperate enough to have him star in a sitcom. That's time better spent for filler like "Celebrity Game Night" and "Celebrity Game Night special presentation."

Now what I have a problem with is ABC's Last Man Standing. It's such an awful, awful show. The characters only exist as strawmen for their political sides with no irony... Tim Allen plays a character that's not so much unlikable as hate-able. He's essentially a worse version of Stan Smith without the depth or sympathetic horrible childhood.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but those are the only kinds of characters you're gonna see on TV today, because apparently, completely unlikable ******* characters are, "More relatable" and "More believable" than, say, characters who come off as unlikable, but are flawed because of depth or whatever, or at least have some kind of redeeming quality that makes them somewhat sympathetic and lovable... apparently, nobody likes those kinds of characters anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually... no... quite the opposite, actually. We're routinely treated to far more backstory and dramatic origins than we ever have been. Even in sitcoms. People want to know why characters act the way they do, and piece things together if they're given enough clues. Problem is, you kinda have to really watch a show for that.

But with the Tim Allen show, he's essentially a nastier, more stubborn version of his Home Improvement character with nary a single person to deflate him, he never has any comeuppance. There's less willingness to character development here than Green Eggs and Ham. And to make matters worse, every other character is a straw lefty with no personality to his Straw Righty with jerky stubbornness as a personality.

At least in Home Improvement, when he said something stupid, he glued his head to a table. THAT stuff's funny right there.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Now what I have a problem with is ABC's Last Man Standing. It's such an awful, awful show. The characters only exist as strawmen for their political sides with no irony... Tim Allen plays a character that's not so much unlikable as hate-able. He's essentially a worse version of Stan Smith without the depth or sympathetic horrible childhood.
From what I've seen of Last Man Standing, it seems like the creators and writers are trying to make a current-day All In The Family, just without any of the spark, intelligence, emotion and good acting from the original.