All right,I'm NOT trying to toss hints here.....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I totally understand what you mean. The threads are nice gestures for nice members. And it's hardly the end of the world if you don't get one, lol.

I guess my worries came from working with kids and dealing with such things (not that I'm comparing any one here to little kids hehe). They start out with the best of intentions, giving praise to their friends. And their friends do usually deserve it. But it can make people feel bad, though no one means it that way. It's like at graduation when some kids get cheered for and others don't. And worse, sometimes it stops being well intentioned and just a reason to exclude people.

It doesn't really matter now, if we've started a thread for everybody. But just giving my two cents. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To Kathy: hey, let's blame it on Katie, she's the one who started it! But seriously, I can see what you mean though, I mean in my opinion, I think we've taken the appreciation threads a little TOO far; certain people are having appreciation threads made for them right and left lately, meanwhile others who haven't are probably feeling bummed and left out and then make a big deal or a big fuss because of it *cough*zelda*cough*. It WAS fun at first, but now it's getting a bit out of hand; and in a small way, it's almost like saying "well, these guys are my favorite members, and here's why..." "hey, what about me? I thought you all liked me too, but I guess not..."

Not only that, but after a while, those thread obviously get muffined to the point that next thing you know NONE of them are about what they were originally started for in the first place, meanwhile we've already got like umpteen million threads specifically FOR muffining and driving off topic like that.

Just my thoughts on the matter, I'm probably wrong anyway.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Look, like I've said, it shouldn't be a big deal. It's not like people are going to be depressed and kill themselves because they didn't get an appriciation thread on here. I think that it's good that the people who have been here for 20 years get their own appriciation thread, and for those who don't, don't sweat it, your time will come, so instead of whining about it and complaining about how muffiny these threads get, put that energy to good use and do something positive. Help out a fellow MCer or do something that doesn't involve hate. Hate is the worst 4 letter word that we use and NOBODY says anything about it. LOVE EVERYBODY dangnabit. Why can't we all just turn off the hate in this forum? huh? Hate has no place in society. All we really gotta do is love our fellow things. Whether it be man, woman, child, penguins, muppets, etc. ALL WE NEED IS LOVE!

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know Daniel, it really is hard to believe that you're not a Christian what with all the "preaching" you do about how we should all love everybody instead of hate them.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Snowth & Daniel...neutral corners please......:rolleyes:
I didn't start this topic as a fight,OK?
In fact I think Beau's idea is a good one!:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowth & Daniel...neutral corners please......:rolleyes:
I didn't start this topic as a fight,OK?
Who's fighting? I just made a statement, he made a statement about my statement, I made a comment about his statement; it's not like we're both at each other's throats like "you're wrong!", "No, YOU'RE wrong!", "You're wrong, I'm right!", "I'M right!"

Katzi428

Reaction score
Who's fighting? I just made a statement, he made a statement about my statement, I made a comment about his statement; it's not like we're both at each other's throats like "you're wrong!", "No, YOU'RE wrong!", "You're wrong, I'm right!", "I'M right!"
sigh OK...OK...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's okay Kathy, we all get like that at times.