All the Swedish Chef moments on The Muppet Show

SwedishChefCook

Reaction score
I began watching the Muppet Show on TNT when I was 7 years old in 1988. One of the things I loved about the show was the Swedish Chef and when he would try to cook something and everything would go wrong. I remember I would get upset if there was an episode that he didn't appear in. I don't think he was on much during the first Season, but one of the things I remember most about him is when he was trying too cook a turtle and trying to cut the turtle's head off but the turtle kept putting it's head back in it's shell. I remember that episode featured the Babies that were sometimes seen on the show. But also, can anyone tell me all of the Swedish Chef's moments on The Muppet Show? It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
On one episode he was cooking hot dogs, then Miss Piggy appeared and asked if he had seen her dog. Apparently he got confused and said "Doggie in the pottie."(He was cooking them in a big pot). And then Miss Piggy said "WHAT!?!?", and tried to hit him but he held up a lid and she hurt herself. Then he offered her a hot dog and "Hot Doggie?"

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Oh, Lord. There was the episode with the testy chocolate cake that spoke Japanese (I believe that was Richard I heard laughing off-camera during that sketch), and the one with the flapjacks and "blunderbuss," and the moving spaghetti...the list goes on.
And let's not forget the Lou Rawls episode: Chef is hacked off at Kermit and Scooter for putting him on stage ahead of schedule, so he throws utensils at frog and gofer before attempting to prepare frog legs, with Robin as an unwilling assistant.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
And who can forget the priceless lobster banditos skit

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I love the one where he is in the forest and is trying to make squirl stew and shakes all the squrils out of the tree and he chases them and then the big brown bear attacks him and is all bork bork bork! lol

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
There was the one in season one in which he was making Swedish meatballs...which made excellent bouncy balls. Sketch culminated in Chef using the balls to play tennis with Statler and Waldorf.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
There was the one in season one in which he was making Swedish meatballs...which made excellent bouncy balls. Sketch culminated in Chef using the balls to play tennis with Statler and Waldorf.
S& W hitting the meatball:15-love!

One of my favorites was in the Jaye P. Morgan episode. There were bombs all over the place & the Swedish Chef's cooking spot that episode was about a coconut.So when the Chef opened the coconut,there was a bomb in there! :eek: So naturally it exploded on the poor Swedish Chef

SwedishChefCook

Reaction score
I hear what your'e saying Golden Teeth. On the Muppet Show The Chef seemed to be rather popular having his regular spot on there and all. But in the recent movies, his role seems to be reduced to a one shot cameo. It would be nice to see him have a somewhat starring role, or at least a supporting role on one of the future Muppet Movies.