Almost time for a whole new adventure in my life

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Right now, no date has been set, but in just 2 months and a week from now, some schools, if not most schools all over the US will be let out on May 23rd. The school that my younger step-brother goes to, and the same school where my step-mom teaches at gets out for the summer that day. I expect myself to move out of Champaign, IL and move into the town of Mobridge, SD within a week or two after that. Soon, it'll be time for me to start my final countdown as a central Illinois resident for over 20 years! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! I can hardly wait! I'd say by the time my pinball league is done (we had the final spring tournament last year on April 30th, and boy was that a memorable day for me!), I'll have a few weeks to wait! The time has almost come for me to say goodbye to one of the most wonderful towns I've lived in, and reunite myself with my family in Mobridge, SD for quite some time to come. I've done quite a lot in my life here in Illinois. I've done a lot of firsts such as being the first person on my mom's side of the family to visit both Hawaii, and Walt Disney World, I've won 2 pinball trophies, I'm the only one in the family who's participated in the Special Olympics, (and I've won quite a lot of gold medals) and so much more. I intend to do a technology upgrade once I move. I do have a nice computer, but I have no cell phone, so I'll work on that. I also need to get a job, and a job may have already been reserved for me. As for recreation, there's not much pinball, so I might join a dart or pool league, and who knows what else might happen, so stay tuned for updates here on this thread! :smile::crazy::super::big_grin::news:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey tutter_fan,
I just saw what's been going with you on the other page. My deepest condolences on the death of your dad. :sympathy: . But I'm glad things are getting better . Good luck with everything!
Kathy

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Thanks Kathy.

If my calculations are right, I will be with my step-parents again within 2 weeks of Memorial Day Weekend. The date for my move in has still yet to be decided. I've been talking with my step-mom several times over the last few months, and as the time gets closer, I think back on all the good memories I've had here in Illinois. I know it'll be a little tough for my grandparents & my friends to say goodbye, but most already know that I have plans to come back.

As for the upcoming month, this is going to be a huge month for me. I have about maybe 2 or 3 weeks of pinball league to go through, then a week off with a "free play" (possibly) session at my pinball league founder's house (so I can try out all the machines available; and these machines are being "rented"), and then the week after, the final tournament. After that, the time for my move gets closer & closer. Before you know it, I'll be traveling over 1000 miles to my permanent home in Mobridge, SD. Over the 20 years, I've done many things that virtually all of my family members have never done before.... I've been to Walt Disney World in Florida, I visited Hawaii, joined a pinball league (got good enough last spring to become a 2nd place division B runner up, got a nice trophy and some cash for that, and even before that, participated in 2 out of town pinball tournaments, and won my first pinball tournament trophy; can't remember what I placed), joined a really nice group of people repairing pinball machines & video games at a place in town called "Melody Music" for a year & a half, before unexpectedly losing my job (through no fault of my own), and unfortunately, I've been jobless for quite a long time. I may end up working on video games & pinball machines again after I get settled in. There's a LOT for me to look forwards to. A few things I already know ahead of time are that I already know the town quite well. It's so small that I can get downtown real easily by walking. The population of Mobridge is almost 3,500, and during the peak of summer (get this!) the sun doesn't go down until almost 9:30 to 10 PM at night! The reason for this is because even though Mobridge is in the upper central part of SD, I believe that it's very close to the edge of the Central time zone. So there's no need for me to re-adjust my watch while on my way up there. The only time I'll ever need to reset my watches & clocks is when we spring forwards and fall back.
I'm not sure what my first winter up there will be like, but I'll be ready for it sooner or later.