Alphabet Chat Question

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found a couple of "Alphabet Chat" sketches on YouTube, and noticed at the beginning of each one, they show the studio getting ready for another take, indicating that the Alphabet Chat segment is being taped "live", but everytime I've seen an Alphabet Chat sketch on TV (like when classic Sesame Street was still being aired on Noggin) there is not such thing going on and they go straight to the opening song.

Does this mean Noggin or them edited the sketches or was that on CTW/Sesame Workshop's part, or what?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I found a couple of "Alphabet Chat" sketches on YouTube, and noticed at the beginning of each one, they show the studio getting ready for another take, indicating that the Alphabet Chat segment is being taped "live", but everytime I've seen an Alphabet Chat sketch on TV (like when classic Sesame Street was still being aired on Noggin) there is no such thing going on and they go straight to the opening song.

Does this mean Noggin or them edited the sketches or was that on CTW/Sesame Workshop's part, or what?

I've seen Alphabet Chats with the studio-preparation opening when the sketches aired on PBS, so Noggin might have been responsible for editing that part out.