1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Alternate Junior Gorg Suit Performers?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

In the 1987 behind the scenes documentary, when the Gorgs are showcased, there seem to be two different actors shown wearing the Junior Gorg suit and neither of them are Rob Mills. I found this rather shocking because officially the only credited suit operators are Rob, Gord Robertson, and Trish Leeper. Here's the clip I'm talking about; check it out for yourself.

2. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

Muppet Wiki says that there was a different suit performer for Season 5.

heralde likes this.
  3. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I would assume that the behind the scenes footage was taken during a season 5 episode, which means Rob Mills wouldn't be performing Junior, or maybe there's a understudy that was used on the occasions that Rob was sick. They may not have credited a understudy for no real reason other then perhaps they didn't keep track of what episodes (if any) Rob Mills wasn't there to film. These are all just guesses though, hopefully someone knows what is really going on :coy:

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I think it's Frank Meschkuleit. Who performed Junior in season 5.

5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

He's definitely the actor at the beginning of the clip but about halfway through the clip there's another man in the suit that's neither Rob nor Frank.

6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

This video shows clips of the filming of Ring Around the Rock (when Ma chases Pa out of the castle, then the camera pans over to the table where the voices and mouths are being done) and The River of Life when Pa tells Junior he and Ma are going to "frolic" in the creek. Both are late season 5 episodes.