Am I crazy????

Reaction score
Hello all I found this site after my sister and I were talking about old/classic sesame and always wondered a few things about it. I watched in the late 70's-early 80's..probably up til about 83-84 but occasionally after since I had younger siblings who watched til the later 80s. Funny how there are so MANY skits and scenes which I almost totally forgot about until someone on a forum like this brought up! There are some I just started remembering and haven't thought of in years. But there are some things I swear I remember seeing when I was a kid that others in my age range (25-30ish) do not.

1. Does anyone remember an animation where a couple girls are drooling over some singer..saying "ooh..he's so HANDSOME??" I am not sure what they call him, but it sounds like Danny or Daddy..and I haven't figured out what it is. This just seems so "old" now when i think about it..the animation and sound was VERY 1970s.

2. Another animation..about the letter F..which some psychiatrist or something helps a hunchback to say some words like Friday and Fred..looks like it's taking place in some sadistic dungeon.

3. Ice cubes coming together to form the word "ICE" with the cubes..and then melting..for some reason the melting part kinda creeped me out.

4. Does ANYONE remember..in some episodes..you could tell (early in the show or maybe the beginning of the show not exactly sure)..what the number of the day was going to be..by some animated balls or dots or something like that..slowly moving "up" to the screen..there was no sound and no other visuals..in fact, a real scene or skit may have been taking place and the dots or balls were in the background..never higher than 12 so this is obviously in older shows..does ANYONE remember this AT ALL??? I hope I am not crazy!!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
No, you're not nuts. I remember some of these clips. In the first one, I remember two girls (one short, one tall) who were wanting to put up a poster of that singer "Danny". They can't decide where to put it, and end up plastering the whole room with "Danny" posters.

I remembered the second one as soon as you mentioned it, but I don't know much about it.

The third "ICE" clip really exists. They used it a couple of years ago.

I don't remember the fourth by your description, but it might be the "Twelve Pebble" animation, where twelve pebbles emerge one by one from a crowd of hundreds and line up, then the twelve pebbles became the number "12".

Splurge

Reaction score
ForgetfulJones1 said:
2. Another animation..about the letter F..which some psychiatrist or something helps a hunchback to say some words like Friday and Fred..looks like it's taking place in some sadistic dungeon.
If I'm right, that was no psychiatrist, but something similar to Dr. Frankenstein and the hunchback was his creation. Hence the sadistic dungeon. :smile:

Frazzle

Reaction score
Anyone remember the ringmaster clips? They had a ringmaster dressed in red & blue & they would have circus acts that performed according to the number of the day. The ringmaster would crack his whip & the circus animals would gather in some sort of different formation to demostrate the number of the day. Why did they only stop at 12 on that skit & the Pinball machine clip? The ringmaster clip showed the numbers 1-12 in a grid at the end & they would count up to 12 & when the got to 12, that number in particular would blink. I always wonder why they stopped at 12.
:confused: