Am I the only one who would be intrested in a Pigs In Space spin-off?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know after reading one of those muppet comics with a full, I think, 20 pages for a Pigs in Space story, I think a half-hour special wouldn't be such a bad idea. If they used the plot of the comic with Fozzie and Rizzo pitching "Pigs in Space: The Movie" to Statler and Waldorf and the story revolving on the pigs in space story they're pitching then it could probably work.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You know after reading one of those muppet comics with a full, I think, 20 pages for a Pigs in Space story, I think a half-hour special wouldn't be such a bad idea. If they used the plot of the comic with Fozzie and Rizzo pitching "Pigs in Space: The Movie" to Statler and Waldorf and the story revolving on the pigs in space story they're pitching then it could probably work.
Ooh, I love that comic!!! They should really make it in a TV special, because I would watch it..

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I had this idea that Pigs In Space should become an animated action/comedy series like Duck Dodgers, with Captain Link Hogthrob (voice of Jeff Bennett) and his crew battling intergalactic villains. I can totally see the other Muppets as cameo roles in the series, but 1) we still need a proper villain, and 2) try to find a way to do an homage to other action-comedy cartoons without taking from the original TMS sketches.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I had this idea that Pigs In Space should become an animated action/comedy series like Duck Dodgers, with Captain Link Hogthrob (voice of Jeff Bennett) and his crew battling intergalactic villains. I can totally see the other Muppets as cameo roles in the series, but 1) we still need a proper villain, and 2) try to find a way to do an homage to other action-comedy cartoons without taking from the original TMS sketches.
The villain should be Evil Piggy, Link, and Strangepork, who are robots programmed by the Darth Nader ( or whatever that Darth Vader-esque character that was played by Gono was) to take over the S.S. Swinetrek and Link, but they always fail miserably.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know I'd only want it to be puppets, because I think it defies the purpose of calling them the muppets, if they're going to be animated, which is why I'm not exactly fond of muppet babaies. Plus, I want Steve, Eric, and Matt doing the voices and the puppetry. Though if animated, I'd still check it out, I probably wouldn't like it as much. I think PIS could stretch for 21 minutes, but most of the TMS sketches were made as maybe 2-3 minute shorts, and I could only imagine what they'd fill the rest with. It would be cool if they fought villians and went on missions, but I think if they ever bring PIS back it should be 2-3 minute internet episodes.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
You know I'd only want it to be puppets, because I think it defies the purpose of calling them the muppets, if they're going to be animated, which is why I'm not exactly fond of muppet babaies. Plus, I want Steve, Eric, and Matt doing the voices and the puppetry. Though if animated, I'd still check it out, I probably wouldn't like it as much. I think PIS could stretch for 21 minutes, but most of the TMS sketches were made as maybe 2-3 minute shorts, and I could only imagine what they'd fill the rest with. It would be cool if they fought villians and went on missions, but I think if they ever bring PIS back it should be 2-3 minute internet episodes.
I don't think, so... If I were the script writer, I would make them an hour, if I could!!!! I would rather have them be 21-50 minutes, if they were made into a TV series... I doubt they would, because Pigs in Space isn't VERY relevant anymore.... but it would be a good way to bring it back to the franchise. ( If they make it, I think that they should let fans write for it.... but, some might not be very Muppet-nerdy enough...)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't think, so... If I were the script writer, I would make them an hour, if I could!!!! I would rather have them be 21-50 minutes, if they were made into a TV series... I doubt they would, because Pigs in Space isn't VERY relevant anymore.... but it would be a good way to bring it back to the franchise. ( If they make it, I think that they should let fans write for it.... but, some might not be very Muppet-nerdy enough...)
If fans wrote it, then they'd be fanfics! :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
You know after watching the Elke Sommer episode of TMS with the two-parter PIS sketch, I realize that a PIS web series would work well, though they would have to be 4-5 minutes long.

DerpSandwich

Reaction score
I think webisodes would be perfect. In fact, I feel that way about most of the original sketches. We don't even necessarily need an all new show when they can at least start making these sorts of sketches and releasing them separately. The Muppet Show formula already fits the internet so well.