Amazing Kylie Minogue puppet experience

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi forum,

I often post on here with my renditions of Fraggles and a Kermit puppet I built earlier this year. I just had to post about what happened this past weekend.

I got tickets to see Kylie Minogue in Concert on Friday night. I had been playing with the idea of making a Muppety likeness Kylie puppet for sometime. As The concert approached I thought about it more. Only last week I started to make the foam head and body and on Sunday last week I dyed some antron a tan flesh colour. I then had three days to complete the build with the famous white outfit that she wears in the Can't get you Outta my Head music video, but something was driving me on to do it.

I worked my butt off with every spare minute to finish it, I was knackered, but I did it, even making her shoes at 8pm the night before we had to get the train to Cardiff to watch the concert/tour.

I got to the arena at 5pm to try and get near the front. When we finally got in, there was a fenced off Gold section, I was close, but not that close!! Gutted. Oh well, puppet would stay in my bag and I'd just watch the concert.

A nearby drag act, dressed as Kylie was trying to get the security guys attention, he finally ask them what he had to do to get into the Gold zone, which annoyingly was half empty. They just dismissed it as not gonna happen.

About 5 mins later another security guy came over with gold zone wrist bands and handed out 5 of them......not to me though!!!! :frown:

A girl that nabbed one had her daughter with her so couldn't go in and asked who wanted it, I grabbed it pretty quick, grabbed my bag, dumped the other three in my party and ran to the gold zone, I found a spot with only one person in front of me next to the stage.

Now the next challenge was did I have the guts to wave a Kylie puppet at Kylie in front of 8000 fans!! Well, I just had to go for it. I waved the puppet singing along to the first song and Kylie spotted it immediately she pointed at it and gave a smile.

Every time she was on stage in front of me I put the puppet up above my head and had it sing along, even catching the girl next to me in the eye with its shoe, which left her with a watering eye for about 10 minutes!! Whoops.

Several songs later, while performing Can't Get You Outta my Head, kylie stood right in front of me, kylie puppet was singing along. Kylie pointed and waved her hand calling me forward, the security guy took the puppet and passed it up to Kylie who looked it in the face, wrapped her arm round it and said into the Microphone 'Look, someone else wants to sing'!!! She then continued the song for a few moments before tossing the puppet back to security who passed it to me, I put my thumb up to Kylie who smiled back. I held the puppet above my head as I turned to go back to my space facing the crowd, who smiled, clapped and put thumbs up at me, a lady said well done and congratulated me. I then watched the rest of the show in a daze, as it went past soo fast!!

The next challenge was then trying to find a photo of it!! 1000s of people with camera phones there must be a pic somewhere.

Luckily with twitter, I found three amazing pics of the moment.

Sorry, that ended up too long, as a Muppets fan, puppet builder and a Kylie fan, it was amazing!!! See pics below. :smile: