Amazon? Moi?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Stunned silence from the last lines... More please!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I'm shocked at how they are so willing to give up on the search party with their words.
As Ryan said, IT'S MISS PIGGY! Good thing they aren't gonna stop with Kermit around.
Snap, I see this all happening. This, Lisa, is like a 5 star movie put into words.

Continue, poppet! <3

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I wasn't going to post today, or at the very least, not right now. Right now, I shouldn't even be here. I should be getting in the car and running some errands like I said I would. But I just brainstormed a scene for chapter twenty-something with some really fun diction so now I'm all excited and I just HAVE to do something with this story so you're all in luck! Just a few moments, please...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Four

Swinging from tree to tree was an activity well suited to monkeys.

For pigs, it was a more precarious business, and it involved much less swinging. It was more... stepping from branch to branch, clinging to them for dear life, and slowly edging along each branch in hopes of maintaining the same direction.

With darkness thickening and the snake still there, abandoning her boots and gloves had been fairly easy. Deciding when to return to the ground was a harder decision. The trees felt a bit safer during the day, but she didn't trust herself to keep her balance in her sleep.

After years and years of staying safe inside countless pairs of gloves, her hands had been soft and smooth and gentle and… and she was paying the price for that now. Everything rubbed and scratched and pricked and hurt, and those smooth, silky hands were now badly blistered. She sighed heavily and found herself in the same kind of tree she had started in.

She straddled a branch and grabbed a piece of fruit to munch on. Somehow, in traveling by tree, she had gotten higher than where she'd been when she started. She sighed. It was going to be a long climb down, with these blistered hands...

She finished the piece of fruit and slowly started heading down. Her feet were a bit better off than her hands, but this was still far more abused than they were even remotely accustomed to. They didn't quite have the blisters, but they were covered with scratches- all superficial, thank goodness, and not a drop of blood had been drawn. Still, they hurt...

The soft ground felt very nice when she reached it. She quickly settled between the thick roots of the tree, curled into her usual ball, and was almost instantly asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

When Miss Piggy woke up and the darkness was losing its density, she was painfully aware of the effects the rainforest was having on her.

Her feet were still sore from climbing, she didn't even want to look at her hands, she had no boots, she had no gloves, and her throat was parched. The humidity was having a field day with her hair, which was frizzing so wildly out of control that the ponytail it was tied into was almost completely ineffective. She was covered with dirt and dried sweat, and she was beginning to lose track of how many days she'd been out here.

She took a deep breath and slowly stood up to start walking. Some of those water leaves were just a few feet away, and she ate about a dozen before she moved on to the next plant, which was also edible. The heck with taste.

Eating felt better, and she continued to pick off of various plants as she walked. Somewhere, there was an end to this jungle, and she was going to find it, if it was the last thing she did.

Scooter found Kermit sitting on the ground with his arms folded on his knees, leaning against the hut, staring blankly forward. "You okay, Boss?" he said softly, sitting down next to the frog.

"...Feel sick," Kermit whispered. "...They get on the plane okay?"

Scooter nodded. "They'll be home soon. Clifford said he'd iron things out from that end as much as he can."

Kermit nodded. "...We talked to the guides. Some of 'em are gonna go out tomorrow, and… and stay out there for a while, looking for her. They- ...can only get so far, when they come back every day..."

"...Well... they'll probably find her soon, then," Scooter said, trying to sound encouraging.

Trying. Not succeeding.

Kermit numbly lifted a hand and put it on the go-fer's shoulder. "Don't give up," he whispered, and his voice slowly grew firmer. "I'm not giving up, Scooter. The worst thing we can do for her now is give up."

Scooter swallowed hard and hugged him. The frog's arms instinctively tightened around him with a strength that few knew he had, and that Scooter was very grateful for. He tucked his head over a green shoulder. "...Thanks, Chief," he whispered.

Kermit didn't answer with words, but instead continued to hold him. Sometimes, Scooter was one of the most mature Muppets, but he was still a kid in Kermit's mind, and occasionally, he still acted the part. "...C'mon," he said after some time. "The guys already ate, but there's still some food inside."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Sorry to triple-post, but I feel the need to apologize for the fact that this one's so short. Trust me, there will be others that will be long enough to compensate! And besides, it means I don't feel guilty about posting when I should be in the car already. Speaking of which-- off I go! Ta!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No! No go! *Chases after Lisa to give her a tackle glomp.
*Finally arrives at where Lisa's at.

Sorry I'm late, but I was chasing your car and I got a little exausted.
:sympathy:

Please... Post more... When you can.
*Huggles Toga, then goes back to whatever it was I was doing before.

*Hitches ride from the Electric Mayhem's bus.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Loving it!

Sorry I haven't posted on this yet. I was in D.C. this weekend visiting a friend, and I have been vigorously working on the new Fig Files project (See On the Web section for more details)

I love this! Very heart-wrenching. I'm so scared that the guides are going to give up, leaving Piggy even more vulnerable than she is now. I like seeing this survival side of Piggy and not giving up. I also love how Kermit knows Piggy's real struggles, while knowing how she will play up the small stuff and competely hide the very dangerous and scary stuff when, and I am emphasisizing WHEN, she gets out of the jungle and into Kermit's arms again.

Great job, can't wait for more!
:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*GLOMPS SCOOTER!* *wants hug from Kermit too* *Glomps Lisa* MORE PLEASE! ! !

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Five

Back home, the Muppets found that the media were in a frenzy about Miss Piggy's disappearance.

They made several comments about not giving up hope, and other than that, all they could really do was sit back and wait.

They waited while Kermit, Scooter, Fozzie, Rowlf, and Gonzo called with daily reports of, "No, nothing yet."

They waited while the media got distracted by some other news story and clean forgot about Miss Piggy's disappearance.

They waited while the days slowly ticked away into weeks.

They waited while the school year began to creep into view, and Robin called from the swamp to see when he could come back to the Muppet Boarding House.

They waited.

They waited.

Hands and feet were tough now, hard and calloused. Her hair was fairly controlled, tied at several points in the ponytail with twine-like plant life.

Miss Piggy strolled easily among the trees, smiling as rainwater trickled over her. She liked it when it rained. That was when the predators went away for a little bit, and she could breathe a little more easily, and cover a little more ground.

It rained a lot.

She looked down at her feet, which were presently coated in mud. Sometimes, she longed more than anything to be clean, but when that longing appeared, she quickly drove it off with another.

She had a life beyond these trees, beyond picking food off of plants and getting water from leaves, beyond listening for the sound of a slithering snake or soft, plodding footsteps, beyond climbing fifteen or twenty feet up a tree for a bite of fruit. She knew what the sun really looked like. She had seen the moon and the stars. She had a home, and a family, out there, somewhere...

But to get out there, she had to survive in here, and that meant keeping her head out of the clouds.

Kermit, Fozzie, Rowlf, Gonzo, and Scooter hurried out of their hut. The guides were coming back from their second multi-day trip.

It was exactly one month now since she had disappeared. Surely, they had found her this time... hadn't they?

But the guides all had somber faces. They came and stood before the five Muppets with their heads hanging low. One of them stepped forward, knelt down, took off his pack, and slowly began to remove some items.

"We found dese, sir. Are-- are dey-- hers?" he asked softly.

Kermit looked at the things, and felt his head roll down, and felt himself sink to his hands and knees. Rowlf and Fozzie were soon beside him, and Gonzo had a hand on his back.

One of the boots was muddy and mangled, clear tooth marks around the top. The other boot was half-eaten. Eaten...

He slowly reached out and pulled the soiled suede gloves to him. One of them had been punctured, clean through, but they were in far better condition than the boots...

"You were right, sir," one of the guides said quietly. "She a tough cookie. She got farther than some natives do."

Kermit swallowed hard and nodded silently, feeling those gloves in his hands, feeling Rowlf and Fozzie to either side of him, and Gonzo's hand on his back, and… Scooter? Where was Scooter? He slowly turned his head to look.

Scooter was still standing behind them, stiff as a board, his body caught in a war between fainting and bursting into tears.

Kermit somehow managed to slowly stand up, and he wrapped his arms around the go-fer in a strong, tight hug, gloves still in one hand, and Scooter collapsed against him.

"Bo-- ...Boss..."

Kermit hugged him a little tighter. "Hang in there, kid," he whispered, not that he was hanging in there all too well himself, but sometimes giving comfort was easier than finding it.

Miss Piggy settled against a tree trunk and pulled out the book, which was very clearly showing its wear, but still held information that she needed to study. It was difficult to study for a life test that she was already taking.

She kept one eye on the book and one on the thickening darkness.

It was getting harder and harder to live this life. She was more accustomed to it, physically, and she was mentally better prepared for it, but... It was getting harder.

How long had she been in here? When would she get out of here? The rainforest seemed so endless, but she felt so... claustrophobic. She longed for the sky, for sunlight, for home...

When she couldn't see the writing anymore, she closed the book and put it away. With a heavy heart, she curled into her usual ball. She resolved to climb a tree tomorrow, as high as she could, and try to see the sky.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Update. Tell me how this page taste. Come on everybody... Sorry, trying to be funny. Not working. Lisa, how this hurts...
*Big huggle for what you're putting the characters, and us too through.

Tell me it'll be okay... The only way you can do that? More please!