Amazon? Moi?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
They're leaving!

It was such a tender moment when Kermit couldn't take himself away from the door, still having that feeling that something isn't right. I really hope he follows that feeling so they can find Piggy.

Oh poor piggy, she's been out in that jungle for so long all by herself. I'm glad she got to see the sky and some stars. Maybe Kermit and Piggy will see the same shooting star one night that will lead them to each other. The guides have to have been somewhat close to piggy if they found her things.

Oh don't give up Kermit, you'll find her.

Great chapter, can't wait for more!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

Kermit leaned against the wall, looking out his bedroom window.

I don't think we're going to see her again. That's what he had just told his nephew. I don't think we're going to see her again...

Robin had a hard time with the idea. All of them did. Two weeks after finding those boots...

...He didn't know where those boots were now. He suspected that Scooter had them, or at least one of them, or at least a shoelace. He didn't really know, and he didn't really want to.

He didn't really know why he didn't really want to know. He suspected that it had something to do with the fact that he was kind of glad that none of them had the authority to close her bank accounts and cancel her credit cards. None of them really had the heart to do it, anyway. None of them had the heart to touch her room, either.

Her suitcase was in there. Still packed. Untouched.

I don't think we're going to see her a--

His chest heaved and shuddered and his face dropped to his hands and the dam finally burst. The tears finally came.

He didn't know how long or loud he cried, wept, bawled... He sank to the floor and trembled with sobs and whimpers...

Someone hugged him. Someone held him. Someone mumbled something soothing. Someone cried with him. He wasn't sure who. He wasn't even sure it was all the same someone. It probably wasn't.

At some point, the tears subsided long enough for something warm to pour down his throat. He wasn't sure what it was, or whether or not he was in the kitchen then, or whether or not he started crying again. He had very little memory of the rest of that night.

When he woke up the next morning, he was in his own bed, and his pillow smelled like tears, and her suede gloves were in his hands. Judging by the clean spots, he had cried on those, too.

His fingers gently ran over one of the gloves again and again. Miss Piggy. Miss Piggy. He bit his lip.

...Nothing was the same without her. Nothing ever would be.

Nothing ever could be. Nothing had ever been the same... with her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Rowlf sat at his piano and very softly, wearily played... something. It didn't matter what. Something soft.

Kermit had finally cried last night. The poor frog had needed it.

...In a way... they had all needed that. They had all needed to comfort Kermit, and he hadn't given them the chance. Rowlf had a feeling that the poor frog would probably never accept her death.

The only one who hadn't needed to see Kermit cry was Robin, who, unfortunately, had been woken by the sobs. Getting him back to bed had been no easy task.

...None of this was easy, for any of them. Even the ones with the toughest skin, even the ones who 'hated' Miss Piggy the most, were quieter these days, and Rowlf had spotted a few tears from them.

He'd seen the Swedish Chef add extra salt to a meal to disguise the taste of his own tears. He'd seen Floyd play 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' without singing the words. He'd seen Pepe find a secluded spot, mumble an anti-pig remark, and throw himself against the wall.

He suddenly realized that, of their own accord, his paws had chosen to play, 'What Now My Love?'

He yanked them from the keys and cradled his head in them. For two full weeks now, he had carefully marked the grief of everyone around him. He'd scarcely acknowledged his own.

It wasn't right. She hadn't deserved it! She was a diva, sure, of course, but not shallow by any means. She was one of the most deep and complicated women he'd ever known, and that was saying something. She was too young, besides, however old she really was...

He stood up from the piano and went outside, closing the door very firmly behind him.

Alone on the porch, he took a deep breath, and let out a long, mournful howl.

Living in the trees had its disadvantages.

Apparently, nobody really knew much about the canopy, so the book was less helpful here. She figured herself to be on the edge between the canopy and the under story. She tried not to think about how high in the air that was.

Snakes were more of a problem than she would have hoped. She mostly saw them sleeping, coiled up around a branch, or saw their skins, but occasionally she saw them awake and active. Once or twice, she had seen a snake eating smaller creatures...

It was also harder to keep track of her direction up here. She was fairly certain that she was doing a decent job of it, but it was harder to be completely sure.

There were advantages, too, like not having to listen for predators of the four-legged variety. She listened anyway, but there was comfort in knowing that those beasts only climbed so high.

There was also comfort in seeing a little bit more sun, and having more daylight to work with. She sometimes climbed a little higher, in search of more light. Light was such a wonderful thing.

Up here, she stopped when it rained. Rain was an opportunity to rest, to refill her thermos, and to cool off a little. It was much warmer up here.

She wasn't alone up here, though. There were monkeys and birds and other creatures that the book told her nothing about. Friend or foe? Friend or foe? Friend or foe?

She regularly munched on the fruits and leaves around her, when she knew them to be safe... but how nutritious were they? She had taken a thin piece of vine and turned it into a much-needed belt. Apparently, life in the rainforest was a better diet-and-exercise program than any gym or personal trainer could offer. And to think of all that money people wasted on dumbbells.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*searches for Kleenexes* *seriously* Dang it... Lisa... Ach. This was, to say the very least, incredible. Amazingly incredible actually. So powerful and moving and--pach... This--THIS killed me. KILLED me.
Controller of Uncontrollable Grief and Anguish said:
He'd seen Pepe find a secluded spot, mumble an anti-pig remark, and throw himself against the wall.
KILLED ME! ! ! !

...More please.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I just..don't know what to say. The whole description of how everyone in the boarding house was handling it was very sweet.

*Draggin teddy bear out and hugging it to pieces*

poor piggy, how is she ever going to get out of that terrible jungle and into kermit's arms again?

Oh I hope a happy ending is in sight. It's so sad to see everyone so miserable.

Please post more, for their sake :smile:, and mine, hehe

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if there'll be an update posted soon.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Bravo to the Count for keeping up the nagging front for updates!

(Brings in new penguin cannon, loads cannon,prepares to light the fuse...)

Please update soon!

:excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Eight

For the first time ever, every single one of the Muppets dreaded going on set each day.

It wasn't even their movie. It was some other guy's movie. They were only about half the cast.

The guy whose movie this was, was the one who had required them to go to the rainforest, 'to really experience it,' for the movie.

This was the reason they had lost her.

She wouldn't have wanted them to abandon the movie. The show must go on. The plot had been re-written to work without her character.

Now, almost every day, they went in and faced an all too realistic set of the rainforest floor.

On a break one day, Kermit noticed Scooter standing off to one side, alone, looking horribly disinterested in the lunch he had brought. The frog went over and put an arm around him. "You okay, kid?" he asked softly.

Scooter shrugged uneasily. "It's pretty real in there," he said quietly.

Kermit nodded and sighed heavily. "...It-- ...It's mostly plastic, y'know..."

Scooter nodded. "I know. ...But-- ...sometimes, I-- ...I think that if we go a little deeper, or just turn around, then... we'll find her..."

Kermit bit his lip, swallowed hard, and nodded. "...Me too," he whispered.

They gave each other a hug, and Kermit gestured to the go-fer's untouched lunch. "Not hungry?"

"Are you?"

"...Not really."

"...We-- we should probably-- eat-- anyway, Chief..."

Kermit nodded and gave the go-fer a weak, gentle smile. "After you."

She hadn't meant to nap.

She had just paused for the rain, and had refilled her thermos...

And now she was slowly waking up, and bitterly admitting that she was more tired these days than she wanted to be. Sleeping on a branch was not the most restful sleep, and she didn't have the most energizing food at her fingertips.

But these things were not as troubling as the reason she had woken up.

Something was slowly wrapping around her.

She opened her eyes to see a snake looping its way around her ankles, her knees, her waist... A small constrictor, probably, judging by the coloration...

...Oh. BAD! DON'T PANIC DON'T PANIC DON'T PANIC DON'T PANIC!

She took a deep breath and wrapped her hand around the snake's head. How much muscle did she have, compared to the snake? She slowly started to unwind the snake from her torso.

The snake panicked and gripped her tight. Ohhh, that made it hard to breathe. This was bad!

She very slowly tried to unwrap the snake. It wasn't easy. She slid her hands along the length of the snake as she unwrapped it, trying to keep it from re-wrapping around her. It wrapped around her arms. So tight!

She kicked the end of the snake off of her feet and tightly gripped the branch with her legs. Then began the most frightening wrestling match of her life.

She tried to pry the snake off of her arms, but it was no small task. The snake was angry now, and she tried to shake it off, and nearly lost her balance, and when she regained it, the snake had a coil around her head.

She caught her breath and held still for a moment. She pried the snake off of her head and snapped her arms down.

The snake lost its grip just enough for her to slip one hand out of its coils, and with the newly freed hand, she pried it off of her arm, and she threw it down.

She watched as the snake tumbled down through countless leaves. When she couldn't see it, she could still hear it, crashing down...

After a while, she could no longer hear it falling. She never heard it land.

She shakily settled back against the trunk and stared out into the greenery.

She could not nap. Intentional or unintentional, it was not an option.

She shifted to stand up and continue moving, but immediately decided against it. She was still shaking. She was in no shape to move without falling. She settled back against the trunk.

She picked a nearby leaf and munched on it. She was still alive. She was still alive.

She needed better rest, though. As much as she preferred the canopy, she couldn't sleep well up here, and sleep was essential.

She decided to stay still for the rest of the day. She needed the break, and she wasn't sure she would be able to get that snake off of her mind any time soon.

Tomorrow, she would start making her way back down as she continued forward, and once she reached the bottom, she would spend a few nights there.

Just a few! Oh, please, just a few. Jaguars and leopards and big snakes... stronger snakes...

She held very still for the rest of the day, watching as the light played across the leaves and slowly faded away.

She started on her way in the morning, a much more wary and alert pig.

Going down always seemed to go faster than going up. She focused on going forward.

As the day progressed, it got darker and darker. Every rustle of the leaves was reason to pause and listen now. She ate as she went, and occasionally paused for a drink of water.

Darkness thickened all too soon. She was well below the canopy now, but it was too dark to continue down or forward...

She settled on the branch she was on, looking all around before settling in to balance herself there for the night. She felt like crying, but she couldn't spare the energy, the fluid, or the attention.

She reached the ground the next morning, and quickly started munching on those old familiar leaves and the water leaves... All the while looking around, nervous. Just a few nights, she promised herself. Just a few nights, and then she would go up to the safety of the canopy again.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
She settled on the branch she was on, looking all around before settling in to balance herself there for the night. She felt like crying, but she couldn't spare the energy, the fluid, or the attention.
I say... this is just... awful. That is so awful for her. I feel... ARGH! *HUGS THE PIG* *HUGS THE SCOOTER* *HUGS THE LISA* MORE PLEASE! ! !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Is intrigued. *Is wanting more. *Is wondering why none of those jungle-dwelling Rangers has noticed her, morphed, and gone in to rescue her yet. *Is nagging Lisa to post more... Or face our frozen fowled fury!