1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

American Express commercial with Jim Henson

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by RedPiggy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Just saw a commercial this morning for (I think) American Express ... and a really old clip of Jim Henson and a few Muppets (incl. Scooter and Piggy, I think) was featured and I was like HUH?
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Did you see it on tv? Because there is an American Express card commercial with Jim, Floyd, Gloat, Scooter, a pig, Nigel, and a couple other muppets. Filmed during Season 1 of "The Muppet Show."
  3. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just saw it this morning ... it shows a bunch of clips of various people and their projects. It requests that viewers let them know of their special projects.
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I just saw this commercial! How NEAT seeing Jim on a commercial! I was stunned when I heard him say "Do you know me?" Cool stuff! :D
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol I remember reading about that in an old book about commercials!

Jim: "Do you know me? I created the Muppets."

Muppets: "Big deal!"
  6. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

How odd that this is playing again! I've yet to see it on tv though, what chanels have you lot seen it on?
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I love that commercial and it's so cool that it's on TV again!
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I saw it on Comedy Central when I saw it.
  9. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Oh rad, I'll have to watch for it then, the only thing I've been watching on there as of late though is the new Gong Show.:o
  10. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

I love that commercial! It was so cool seeing that; I've never even heard of that commercial before. :D The commercial was nice overall too.

Yeah, they used that clip to open and close the commercial
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I have the original commercial, but I never dreamed they would re-air it! That is so cool!

There was a similair commercial with Mel Blanc around the same time.
  12. Davina

Davina Member

I saw that today too, and couldn't believe what I was seeing at first! it was so cool to see Jim on TV again! almost makes me wish i had and AM Ex card... almost.. heh...
  13. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Yeah, I saw that one last night - I think it was when I was watching "Law and Order."
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I this just now. It was so cool to see him in it!
  15. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Jim Henson American Express.

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted to know if some one has a copy of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skor2mwvAAw I think it was made in the 70's. P.M me if you do.

Also if you have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA1KpwnZF0 ~~The Muppets 2002 mastercard ad. If you have that P.M. to.

If you have not seen it American Express is using part of this video for a new ad, for a new American Express card vist~Membersproject.com. Jim is not the only one in this ad.

Jim and The Muppets is in the Start and Ends it.

:batty:Thanks~Count von Count

And if there is another thread aboat this I'm Sorry.
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Think I recall seeing the original commercial though I oddly don't remember seeing Jim himself.

Maybe youtube has the full commercial.

And here it is. though the quality isn't all that great and it cuts off too soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skor2mwvAAw
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

American Express Commercial w/ Jim Henson

I dunno if a thread like this is on here yet, but in case it's not, has anyone seen the new American Express commercial with Jim Henson in it? It shows an old clip, but it's surprising enough to see him in it.

Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyvgsQYYscU

It's been out for a minute, but it's still pretty new.

Your thoughts?:coy:
  18. lazylaces

lazylaces New Member

I teared up while laughing while watching this commercial.
  19. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

wow i did not know that this older comercal was airing again i am so glad that all of you are posting about this .

I will keep my eye out for it i usally when i tape something i fast forward though compercals LOL for the muppets though i will keep my eyes out for it . Thanks for all the utube posts of the other older comercals i am so glad to get to see them wow cool :)
  20. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I saw that! I thought I was going crazy :)