American Idol 2007

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, I've got to put this out here because I'm sure someone on this forum besides me watched this last night. Normally, I don't really care all that much anymore about American Idol, but they started off in my state last night so I had to see if anyone I knew showed up. They didn't but boy did they make us look like fools here in the Midwest! They called it Midworst, Minnehopeless and at one point Ryan Seacrest said "the curse of Minnesota continues" I guess 17 people did get through, so that's something, but of course, they only show the not so good contestants that get ripped to shreads because they get some sick pleasure out of doing so. So, discuss everyone! I'm not saying I like or dislike the show, but I figured it might spark some conversation to start this thread.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And apparently Simon is going to be even meaner this season than ever before! Hoo-boy, just when you thought things couldn't possibly get any worse!

But what do I care, I don't watch this show, I hate Reality TV.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Actually, Randy was the one being really mean last night, Simon hardly said a word. It was weird. Then they brought Jewel on as well and there was no reason for her to be there, she really just looked bored through most of it. Oh well, like I said, I usually can take it or leave it, but had to watch what was representing my hometown. And it wasn't much.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
My wife loves this show so I "sit in" for it. I will admit that Seacrest is really funny this season though. Record breaking numbers too! 37 1/2 million or something like that.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I watched the show last year, but to be honest I'm not going to watch it this year. The show is completely stupid in my opinion.

Instead of trying to find the next singer, why don't Randy, Paula, and Simon figure out what the heck is the matter with the music industry, find all the current singers and bands, put them into groups of 10, lock them up in a room, let them listen to music from the 50's through 80's, and come back and ask all those singers and bands why they can't produce music that is as good as what they just listened to.

There's my idea for the show.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's a great idea. It's really getting old to sit here and watch them find all these non-talents in the beginning to just rip them apart and make fun of them when they leave the stage. I didn't watch on Wednesday but I heard it was just brutal, even worse than the episode on Tuesday. No taste.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Some of them are just so bad, you wanna just kill em. Some of them aren't bad, it's just the fact that they pick a bad song, Some of them are nervous, or something, but the ones who get me are the ones who can't sing, and think that the judges are wrong. They've been in the music industry for a LONG time, I'm sure they know decent singing when they hear it. But, the cream of the crop has to be the ones who just do it cause they have a chance to get on TV. The ones who KNOW they suck, but are just looking for their 15 minutes. I know I'm not the best of singers, but I'll give it a shot, ya never know. Sidenote: I know that I'm not that good looking, but some of these dang people on this show, HOLY SMOKES. They make me look like the Sexiest man of the fricken YEAR. I mean, they make me think that "I know I look bad, but not as bad as that guy........oh wait, that's a WOMAN? Hoooo man, that girl needs a shave"

Daniel

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Those idiots that get up there and sing terribly just want to get on tv. They don't really think they sing good enough to get on the show... most of them, anway. And if Simon weren't on there or the bad singers, no one would watch it.

BEAR

Reaction score
True, some of them do get on there just to be on TV and intentionally act ridiculous, but there are also some very real people that go on the show truly making an effort to share a love and/or passion for music and singing (whether they're the best or not) just like those 2 boys who were the main subject from Wednesday night's show. The boys at the end who befriended each other. I felt terrible for them, especially the heavier boy. He actually did a pretty fine job. It took a lot of guts to go in there and do what he did. All they wanted was a chance to share something they loved and the 3 judges laughed in their faces! I mean, they weren't even that terrible of singers. So you know that it wasn't the singing that they were making fun of. And I agree with what the ladies on the View pointed out. Paula Abdul said the the guy, "I think you're awesome" and as soon as he left the room, the camera was on her laughing along with the other two! Ya know, I used to like both Paula and Randy. I used to think they were pretty fair and compassionate. Simon also started to grow on me during last season. Yes, he was blunt, but he was honest and I could often tell that he did it to make the performers stronger and that he cared. Now, I don't like any of them. They were all a bunch of jerks from the first 5 minutes into the season premiere. Sure, there are some pretty amusing things that happened on the show, but there's gotta be a line! This can't be good television, could it? AI has hit an all time low. It's become a freak show and they love it. I'm not sure I'll continue to watch, atleast until the final 12 when it actually becomes about the singing again.

alsc

Reaction score
I am definitely going to see it this year as well. I was hooked last year and had a huge crush on Katharine :big_grin:

Hope to see some of the magic from last season and oh, of course some of the horrible horrible acts :smile: