American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
look how kelly clarkson has fadded from the spotlight, although she has a movie coming out in the next few months..ughhhh.....

ryan
That movie does look kinda cheesy, doesn't it? For one thing, they must have thrown it together super-fast, for another thing, Justin and Kelly are singers, not actors, and for another thing... I don't know. It just doesn't look too promising. And "A Moment Like This" was kinda a big commercial for "American Idol." When I think about that aspect, I think it might be better if Clay didn't win, so he didn't have to be bound to whatever dumb stuff Fox would make him do. I thought Tamyra should have won last time, and I think she's already done a better job of furthering her career than Kelly and Justin. By the time their albums come out -- which isn't really their fault, but again, Fox -- I think the interest will have faded for a lot of people.
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
Anybody watching have a favorite? Clay intrigued me from the beginning, and he very quickly became my favorite in the competition. So genuine, so adorable, and what a voice!!! :flirt: I turn into a puddle of goo listening to him. I can't wait to go out and buy his album (I'm guessing/hoping no matter what happens he'll make one...)
Erin
Yes!! Clay rules! My friends and I all liked him from the very beginning too. We were so upset when he didn't make it through but knew he would come back as a wild card. It made me so happy when Simon liked him. And speaking of Simon, yeah he's mean but everyone can be pretty mean to him too sometimes. The only thing he's done that really made me upset was telling those girls they should lose weight. :mad: Anyway, my second favorite is the marine. I'm so excited to watch tonight. All my exams will be done! Are the really going to sing Billy Joel songs? That's awesome! I hope Clay sings Piano Man....:flirt: :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Re: Re: American Idol

Originally posted by electricmayhem
Yes!! Clay rules! My friends and I all liked him from the very beginning too. We were so upset when he didn't make it through but knew he would come back as a wild card. It made me so happy when Simon liked him. And speaking of Simon, yeah he's mean but everyone can be pretty mean to him too sometimes. The only thing he's done that really made me upset was telling those girls they should lose weight. :mad: Anyway, my second favorite is the marine. I'm so excited to watch tonight. All my exams will be done! Are the really going to sing Billy Joel songs? That's awesome! I hope Clay sings Piano Man....:flirt: :smile:
I guess I got the wrong week for Billy Joel. They will have a Billy Joel night, but tonight it's Lamont Dozier, from Motown. That should be good too, though. Yeah, I thought Simon was a little out of line with telling those girls to lose weight. But I also thought some of the people, especially the girls, had way too much attitude and should have just taken his criticism. Some people he was actually pretty nice to and they sat there and argued with him. I like Josh the Marine too. I think he'll be in the running for quite a while. I'm just so glad that Clay is in the top 12. Yay Clay!!
Erin

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: American Idol

Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
But I also thought some of the people, especially the girls, had way too much attitude and should have just taken his criticism. Some people he was actually pretty nice to and they sat there and argued with him. I like Josh the Marine too. I think he'll be in the running for quite a while. I'm just so glad that Clay is in the top 12. Yay Clay!!
Erin
I know what you mean! He was complementing that one girl who would never show any expression and she was just being an idiot! Anyway, Clay did great tonight! :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Do you think Candid Camra and America's Funnest Home Video's count as reality tv?:wink: Those would be the only reality shows i would like to watch,lol! ohh, bring on Dom DeLuise! I loved it years ago when he hosted CC!:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the, member of the Dom DeLuise Fan Club, Dog.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Frenchie isn't missing out on anything, though. She's been on ET and other shows.

I like the show, and LOVE to hear Simon's zingers, man. When he comes up with something new that's crass and rude that is.

Usually, for reality shows, I just watch a few shows and then the last few episodes.

One show which is just dumb---downright STOOPID!---is Fear Factor. It should be called, "Dumb people eating gross things." I hate that show, and I totally loathe and despise Anna Nichole Smith!! UGH! :grouchy:

Trash TV! ALL OF IT!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Geez, everybody was good last night. This isn't like last year! I most liked Kimberly Caldwell and Trenyce, but my fave is Vanessa. She has more personality than the others. I think Clay was technically the best singer, but I agree with Simon - he's has much more of a theatrical voice. That's not a bad thing, but it doesn't gel in this context. He seems like a really great guy. All thes people have a chance to go far with or without this contest. I really can't tell who they will cut. :eek:

I agree that Fear Factor is the low point of television. There's nothing really fun about some lady eating a bug for money. Yes, it was cute to see such things in MTV challenges, but to have an entire show dedicated to it is moronic. Who watches this stuff? :concern:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oy! I hate Fear Factor. Ugh! Can't even think about it.

I think this expresses my feelings towards the show the best: :grouchy: :cry: :attitude: :rolleyes: :smirk:

Oh, if only Frogboy would've made a regurgitating one!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh, if only Frogboy would've made a regurgitating one!
How about this one?:embarrassed: just kidding!

Oh and i think these too fit with fear factor:sleep: :boo: