American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I think Camille is going to be the Nikki of the year. :grouchy: I do think John will last awhile, but that would make me happy. True, he wasn't spectacular last night, but I don't think he was bad either. But LaToya definitely should not have been there. I'm not sure I like how this season is going...
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
What's wrong with people (the voters, I mean)? :sigh:

Saying this year is the best is definately a joke. A big joke. Last year I had several that I enjoyed but this year it is hard to listen to any of them. None of them are worth paying money to listen to. That's why I downloaded William Hung's song this afternoon with one of my many surplus Pepsi iTunes download caps. He's the only one this season that's worth listening to, and that isn't saying anything. :smirk:

Needless to say, I heckled the program tonight S&W style. :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Too bad about Amy--I really thought it would be Camille. As for La Toya, I think a few things happened. Her hair was weird and offputting (at least, I thought so). Her song choice was okay, but it didn't make her performance really stand out. Also, I think a lot of people assumed she was safe, just because she's been so consistently good. Ruben hit the bottom three once last year as well, I believe. Anyway, here's hopin' next week is good.

And is it just me, or is it harder to hear the contestants when they sing this year. Some kind of microphone issue--it seemed like the band totally drowned most of them out last night.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Too bad about Amy--I really thought it would be Camille. As for La Toya, I think a few things happened. Her hair was weird and offputting (at least, I thought so). Her song choice was okay, but it didn't make her performance really stand out. Also, I think a lot of people assumed she was safe, just because she's been so consistently good. Ruben hit the bottom three once last year as well, I believe. Anyway, here's hopin' next week is good.
I know, I thought it would be Camille too! I think she's got everybody in Hawaii voting for her... You're probably right about LaToya. The hair was weird, her performance was good but not blow-me-away good, and she suffered the Tamyra factor - though this early in the competition it's a little worrying. Ruben was actually in the bottom 2 once last time I think, after Billy Joel night. Justin was also in the bottom 2 first year, after he made that comment about "What does the audience think?" after being critiqued by Simon. I wonder what the theme is next week... I thought the live band was a cool addition, but it probably makes things a little harder for them.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
You know who was never in the bottom two or three? Clay.

Well, unless you count the final episode. But I'm not counting that.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
You know who was never in the bottom two or three? Clay.

Well, unless you count the final episode. But I'm not counting that.

:smile:
:big_grin: Don't I know it? :wink:
Erin

ceecee

Reaction score
John Stevens needs to go home!

I really wanted to give him a chance ever since the beginning, but he just can't pull it off. Simon was right. His performance Tuesday was "abismal." :sleep:

I'm bummed about Amy too. :frown: :cry:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
You said it, ceecee!

Really!

You did!

OMG, I cannot stand him! I don't watch the show, but I monitor segments on AI every week at work, especially Wednesdays 'n Thursdays.

And the week that that Howdy Doody Sinatra wannabe tried to sing the country song "King of the Road" like Sinatra??! What the---?!?!

One news station has this radio woman come in each week and discuss the show, and she absolutely can't stand John---she says he needs to go, he shouldn't be here anymore, he sounded terrible, and she was FLOORED that he didn't go this week. She told the female anchor, "And Stacey, honey, I know ya love John, but we have GOT to get you an intervention"--Lol! (Stacey laughed).

Erin, I'm so sorry if ya read these words from a friend (lol), but get that kid outta there!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
You said it, ceecee!

Really!

You did!

OMG, I cannot stand him! I don't watch the show, but I monitor segments on AI every week at work, especially Wednesdays 'n Thursdays.

And the week that that Howdy Doody Sinatra wannabe tried to sing the country song "King of the Road" like Sinatra??! What the---?!?!

One news station has this radio woman come in each week and discuss the show, and she absolutely can't stand John---she says he needs to go, he shouldn't be here anymore, he sounded terrible, and she was FLOORED that he didn't go this week. She told the female anchor, "And Stacey, honey, I know ya love John, but we have GOT to get you an intervention"--Lol! (Stacey laughed).

Erin, I'm so sorry if ya read these words from a friend (lol), but get that kid outta there!

Yipes!! :eek: Them's fightin' words! :grouchy: :stick_out_tongue: *sigh* No, I must admit I never thought John would make it to the top 32, and when he did I never thought he would make it to the top 12. He's certainly no Clay Aiken, and I've never thought he had a prayer of winning the title, but I guess the fact that he's so different from the rest makes me want him around for a while. I actually did like his "King of the Road" - I thought it was really cute, and I didn't notice at first that he forgot the words... :sympathy: And I liked "Always a Woman," especially the second time around. The other two performances really didn't do anything for me. I have to disagree with the judges when they say this is the best group. There's nobody I'm really excited about. I guess I'm probably pulling for LaToya to win, but not half as much as I was pulling for Tamyra first season and nowhere near as much as I was pulling for Clay last year. It's kinda sad that this crop is so uninspiring that I zero in on the guy who can't remember his words half the time... Oh, well. Idol he isn't. I still think he's a nice kid with a nice voice and I'm glad he made it this far.
Erin