American Idol

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oscar is the regurgitating mondter. He has stress/puke marks under his mouth. They are a yellowish green pukey color.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
i despise American Idol.

its like Star Search suddenly went on an ego/mtv trip.

and what i despise most about it ....TWICE it has pre-empted episodes of the FOX tv series 24. TWICE!

as you can see from the "auditions"...anyone can sing..heck the college i went to..there were classes that taught you HOW to sing.. so these people arent talented. not in the least. they just know how to sing the "right" songs for their "tone of voice" and smile and look purdy for the camera.
lets see them actually try and write their OWN material...create their OWN music...then maybe i will respect their "dream" but until then all they are to me are nothing more a bunch of cardboard cut-outs singing off of background tracks.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
Oh, and I also think that Simon isn't so bad. I think he's a really nice guy at heart. But I also think that he can be unnecessarily cruel. Unfortunately, one of the most popular parts of the show is the bad auditions, and there's huge entertainment value in watching Simon lambaste these poor kids who don't make the grade. We laugh because he is so witty and they are so lousy (and I have laughed myself at many of these auditions) but we forget that these are real people too and that they've just been humiliated on national television.
Simon is a really nice guy, sure he hams it up for the cameras but that is his basic personality in real life - he is a diva through and through ! ;-) The auditonee's go to the show fully knowing what to expect and to be honest, the really really bad one's you see are set up's from agencies and things like that. Once they get down to the smaller group it's very much like a family atmosphere and they know Simon and all his own insecurities by then so it's more of a big joke. In fact they get so much good advice from him and also Nigel Lythgoe (the exec producer - who was actually the head dance choreographer on TMS) that if they get dropped from the show they still know enough to keep pursuing it.

I've seen a few episodes of American Idol and i wasn't impressed. It just doesn't have the character or the drama of the original UK version 'Pop Idol' - the presenters we had were funny, the judges more charismatic, and the press understood how to promote the show a lot more and create hype and drama. The format in America is a lot more boring and MTV'ish. I just can't really follow it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I watch 24 too, but Idol really isn't pre-empting the program. Because there are only 24 shows, Fox wants to space them out and not confuse the audience with mid season reruns. If it wasn't Idol it would be something else. I understand the frustration but I feel it is misplaced.

I'm not much for bland pop music, but the contest is fun. They all have spectacular voices this year. Very few "pop idols" actually write their own songs or can sing their way out of a paper bag. (Cough...Brittney). They get along on only their sex appeal and have little to say. Most of these kids have rich and interesting lives and don't fit the ideal look of an icon. I don't take much of this seriously, but it's all good fun - and it isn't really pre-empting anything. If it wasn't this, it would be Cops or Joe Millionaire. :frown:

Bulldawg

Reaction score
VH1 should bring back Bands On The Run....now THAT was a great reality/music show.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Poor Vanessa. :cry: I really liked her. Of course she's the most Cyndi-esque of the contestants. :wink: Of all the people, she had the most spark and I think she'll have the best chance to do something after the program. :flirt:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Poor Vanessa. :cry: I really liked her. Of course she's the most Cyndi-esque of the contestants. :wink: Of all the people, she had the most spark and I think she'll have the best chance to do something after the program. :flirt:
I knnnooowww:frown: I liked her alot too. But your right, I think she'd be far more successful not be stuck as the American Idol, she can definitely go on to more things:excited:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm an avid fan of "American Idol". I've taped every episode that has aired. The only reason I started watching it was I knew Paula Abdul was going to be a judge, and I LOVE HER! I think she is so beautiful:flirt: :sing: Yes, some people may say she is too sugary sweet and doesn't really say what she's thinking but I think she does. I think she really does want all of them to suceed.

This year I'm rooting for Ruben. He's the coolest! And he really is the best singer. I really like Clay too. I used to like Julia Damato as she is the closest to hottie out of all the contestants but her 'tude the other night was really off-putting.

I'm also rooting for Carmen. She's representin' Utah, so I got give it up for her. She doesn't have the best voice but I think she can improve.

I put myself on the waiting list for show tickets and my name came up for tickets to next Tuesday or Wednesdays shows or the following week. I'm excited but they're not guaranteed admittance. It's first come first serve. Getting to LA isn't a problem because I have flight benefits but getting my friends there would be because I can't get them discounted air. What a pickle to be in! To go or not to go...:big_grin: :confused:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
So after thinking about it tons I finally decided that this may be my only chance to meet Paula Abdul. I've had this feeling since the first of the year that I am going to meet her this year and now with my chance to go how can I pass it up? But it depends if my work will work with me on the days off.

But I do have tickets for the Wednesday March 26 show.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!:smile: :big_grin: