America's Most Wanted

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know it's been a couple of years now since FOX dumped the show and all... but I'm still going through withdrawals from this show from time to time... Saturday nights have never been the same since it got canned... Lifetime was supposedly picking it up for a new season in 2012, but I never saw it on Lifetime, ever, and I kept checking their schedules and never could find it; the last I heard, Lifetime canceled it now too (but then again, I'm not sure Lifetime was the right channel to put it on).

FOX came up with all these really lame excuses for why they axed the program, like, "Low ratings," and such, but it's clear now that they just didn't want to put their money towards producing new episodes of the show, when they could've just devoted the 9:00 Saturday night slot to reruns of FAMILY GUY and THE CLEVELAND SHOW... but the thing of it is, AMW was an important show, because it helped give more exposure to criminals who needed to be captured, or people who had gone missing that needed to be found (heck, AMW played a part in finding Elizabeth Smart!)... but reruns of FAMILY GUY is more important than tracking down dangerous criminals and finding mission persons? Really?

Even the AMW website looks as if it's gathering cobwebs.

The last I heard, John Walsh is supposedly working on a new show with Lifetime execs, but I haven't heard any more about it.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I used to watch that show quite a lot when I was young.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even though I hate some of the statements John Walsh had made, such as never hiring a man to babysit your kids, AMW was a very important show when it came to taking dangerous criminals off the streets. It's supposed high production costs are worth the world of good it did, if you ask me. Shame on both Fox and Lifetime for cancelling it. :boo: