An End-of-the-Year Idea

Would you be interested in this idea?

• Total voters

Hubert

Reaction score
Since it seems like the idea of the MC awards is pretty much something that isn't going to happen anytime soon, I've been thinking about an idea that was originally raised by bannanasketch and beakerboy last year when everyone was talking about whether we should do the awards.

The idea basically was that instead of doing awards about MC, we do awards based on the real life Muppet happenings. Members would vote on the best Sesame Street episode, the best Muppet TV appearance, the best piece of Muppet merchandise, best home video release, etc., and then the winners would be announced once the votes are in.

I dunno if the idea would end up working or not, but I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone is interested in doing something like this.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
hummm let me think about my thoughts on this....

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
While I like this idea a lot, I think people are just warn out from the awards in general. You also have to consider that people are going to say yes, it's a great idea, but then not bother to vote. I personally know I wouldn't vote, despite liking the idea...I mean, only 3 people sent something in for Casey's video. We can't have just three people voting. I can think of only less than 10 people who are active enough around the forum to even notice there's an awards thing going on and actually vote. Most people stick to one section of the forum and are oblivious to everything else :/

The community, I hate to say, is just not as close anymore so getting some even organized, even if it's just sending an email, seems kind of difficult. Sorry to be a downer on the whole thing

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I like the idea, too, but I'd have to agree with Sarge. There are few people on here that explore the whole forum. I'd like to see more come out of stuff like this, but I just don't see people on here taking the time to vote. It's unfortunate that we can't do things like this. Like you, I have never even experienced the MC awards. :frown:

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I also like this idea I would vote and casey I too have never experienced the MC awards :frown:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Awards where at one time fun for all involved. I sure loved hosting them, and would love to do something like that again. Sarge is sadly right about the community not being close any more. I really wish that would change.
Have you all looked at some of the older award threads? they are a good read if your ever board. Sadly almost all of the winners from the first four or five no longer come on here, or you rarely see them.
Anyways I would vote, but the problem I have is that the Classic Muppets, and Fraggles had a good year, but Sesame has taken a pure beating this year with a whole lot of bad press, and bad issues. What kind of categories are you thinking about doing?

Hubert

Reaction score
If we would do this, some ideas for categories could include (of course, these are just a few rough ideas):

Best Sesame Street Episode
Best TV Appearance
Best Live Appearance
Best Merchandise
Best Book
Best Home Video Release
Best Music Video

I definitely agree though with Sarge and Casey that this might not work in the sense that many people might not be interested, unfortunately. I don't know how well this would work, which is why I just kinda threw this out there to see what would happen.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hrm....those are way too broad. Especially for merchandise and episodes...there is just so much stuff, the chances of people voting in any kind of unity are pretty slim. This is one of those things where you would have to have nominations and put a limit on the number of nominees, like maybe 5 max

Hubert

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, those are just general ideas of some of the things that we could be voting on, obviously more specifically than that (sorry I didn't specify :oops:)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would like to see SOMETHING done at least. But I just have low hopes for it :frown: