An idea for a Sesame Street Traveling DVD...

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I had an idea for a DVD featuring :wisdom: and it would center around his various travels from the 80s and 90s, and I'm talking Old school SS.

I mean if the company can look into the vault and dig up these episodes into a plotline/flashback show then who knows how much can be earn by a such a DVD.

The Bounus would be Global Grovers and Erine and Bert Adventures, and this DVD would have little Elmo as it stars Big Bird and shows us his memories of his traveling adventures.

What do you all say to that ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me, though I don't know how I feel about new linking footage if they include the television specials (unless you just meant short clips from Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan). Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan were both released on DVD in 2004. I don't know if they are still in print or not. But they very well could release them both on one disc, maybe call it "Big Bird in China & Japan". I would also like to see the rare "Sesame Street Goes to Puerto Rico" special; That was really the linking scenes from the first week of season 11 edited together into an hour-long special, but ironically the rest of the week after the season premiere are just as rare as this special.

I think a "Sesame Street Traveling" collection of DVDs would be cool; Either as single-disc releases of multi-part street stories or as multi-discs of multi-part episodes complete with the linking footage. A two-disc set of the six-part Hawiia trip (plus bonus clips from episodes leading up to the trip) would be cool. And there are the multi-part trips to New Mexico, Puerto Rico, Camp Echo Rock, and I think somewhere else.

I think the "Wish You Were Here" segments would make better bonus clips than the "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" skits.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me, though I don't know how I feel about new linking footage if they include the television specials (unless you just meant short clips from Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan). Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan were both released on DVD in 2004. I don't know if they are still in print or not. But they very well could release them both on one disc, maybe call it "Big Bird in China & Japan". I would also like to see the rare "Sesame Street Goes to Puerto Rico" special; That was really the linking scenes from the first week of season 11 edited together into an hour-long special, but ironically the rest of the week after the season premiere are just as rare as this special.

I think a "Sesame Street Traveling" collection of DVDs would be cool; Either as single-disc releases of multi-part street stories or as multi-discs of multi-part episodes complete with the linking footage. A two-disc set of the six-part Hawiia trip (plus bonus clips from episodes leading up to the trip) would be cool. And there are the multi-part trips to New Mexico, Puerto Rico, Camp Echo Rock, and I think somewhere else.

I think the "Wish You Were Here" segments would make better bonus clips than the "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" skits.
Montana, you thinking of the Montana episode. :wisdom: