An Interesting Article

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just stumbled across this article - http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...of-running-liberal-agenda-20110530-1fbl6.html

An interesting piece of "news" don't you think?

"Much-loved children's television show Sesame Street and hit sitcoms Friends and Happy Days are being used to promote secret left wing messages, according to a new book.
Conservative columnist and author has Ben Shapiro accused television executives and writers of pushing a liberal agenda in several high profile American television entertainment shows.

His book Primetime Propaganda will show how the "most powerful medium of mass communication in human history became a vehicle for spreading the radical agenda of the left side of the political spectrum," according to the publishers HarperCollins. "

Now, considering my extreme left political stance, I have no problem if any of these shows are "preaching". However, I certainly agree with one of the comments, which says

"When did it ever become left-wing to promote peace and pacifism?"

:rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried posting a really angry response to this, but I got MAINTENANCE'D and lost the post. Good thing, because I thought of a much better way to put my feelings on this. But it is so important you take this next bit, I'm putting it in BOLD

Please understand what I'm about to say in this context. This is coming from the fact I've had a not so nice day, a not so good night's sleep, I'm very angry at my personal situation, I'm sick of not having any money, and above all, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or Rainbow Unicorn Puppydog Party... you mess with Sesame Street, I mess with you.

Ben Shapiro is... he's just a terrible person. A Loathsome, wretched, bile-spewing, horrible terrible person. Not for his political beliefs, mind you. But he's scum.

Why?

Aside from the fact that he's making a fortune on hateful, borderline "Elvis is Bigfoot's biological mother" tabloid style, crackpot conspiracy theories instead of contributing anything useful to society. Oh sure, wouldn't it be great if we could all pull out our Crayola Crayons and our handy dandy E-Z spell guide to ominous sounding words and just write the stupidest crap in the world so even stupider people believe it and wear tin foil hats? The fact of the matter (again, in bold) is that he's perverting a beloved institution that has touched the hearts and souls of millions around the world for a cheap political point. Sure, he's welcome to his Night of the Living Red State "The Liberals are coming to get you Barbara!" militia approved paranoid ranting, but for the love of freaking existence, leave the amazing, lovely, wonderful work of Joan Cooney, Jim Henson, Carol Spinney, Kevin Clash and all the others the heck out of your "logic." They did nothing to you, don't make them demons. Is it because it's on PBS and your in MORTAL fear that 7 cents of the possible millions you make on this political equivalent of a mimeographed "World's going to end" pamphlet will go to them?

Anyone, left, right, middle, or whatever who perverts a lovely kid's show with intentions of spreading love and happiness so they can sell some cheap, imbecilic agenda isn't just a bitter loser and a pathetic waste of life, but a despicable and sick individual.

I could make all the fun little jokes about how, "Yeah... sharing teaches Communism, and learning to read promotes reading subversive literature." Ha ha ha... but this bloated sack of nasty is NO better than the backwards segregationists that decried the use of non-whites when the show first aired, the fearmongering false prophets who use Ernie and Bert as a tool to keep the parents of children inbreeding hate and intolerance so they can create an army of zombie voters, and the Palestinian and Israeli extremists who are afraid that their versions of Sesame Street will mean their kids might.. GASP! get along and not try to continue the never ending game of "you started it."

The Ben Shapiros of the world want only chaos, hate, and control so they can keep bilking their ever reliant army of ditto heads out of their money with the "EVIL scary things are going to happen if you don't gimme your money" threat of the day.

I hope Harper Collins goes bankrupt for letting such an EVIL piece of paranoid schizophrenic hateful conspiracy trash unleashed on the public.

Now, before this gets out of hand, I also have no love for the humorless hippy, ultralefty snob that wrote this crappy, off model comic

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When are there ever going to be any tell-all manifestos about evil RIGHT-wing teachings and messages? It's always the left who's accused of being evil, when they do more to promote peace, love, and happiness than the right.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Welp, America was nice while it lasted.

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
I bet he doesn't even have the full story. He most likely selected a few parts and put them together to make the shows look bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bet he doesn't even have the full story. He most likely selected a few parts and put them together to make the shows look bad.
His book is probably filled with nothing but exaggerated common knowledge (Hence the M*A*S*H* reference) and carefully selected and edited pieces of television to drive his "They're coming to get you Barbara" adgenda home.

Seriously? Whining about how M*A*S*H* was commentary on a pointless, botched war that nobody really wanted that just was a waste of human lives and tax payer money? The only people that really liked the war were old fat Archie Bunker Types that were too young to fight in WW 2 and too out of shape to fight in Korea! The fact that the writer of this book is pretty much defending the war outright at this point in time by that comment alone means he's got several screws loose. I swear, if this guy is under 60 years old, he's full of crap... even if he lived during that period, I bet his parents safely kept him out of it.

His Sesame Street rant is disturbing to say the least. He really takes issue with Episode 3981. We know the point of that episode was basically to tell kids things were okay, and there were always people looking out for us and saving us from disaster, regardless of the situation. There was a fire at Hooper's, and the fire fighters came to comfort Elmo, who saw a horrifying scene.

The logic of Shapiro is that Hooper's store should have been attacked by "Muslins," and Elmo should have built an internment camp for everyone in the race because they're all bad. :rolleyes:

Yeah.. the schmuck that wrote this is a warmongering fruitcake. A Far far far far far FAR FAR FAR farfarfarfarfarfar right nut, further right than the farthest right I've ever seen. I'm shocked that none of our Conservative Muppet fans are speaking up saying "This guy doesn't speak for us." He clearly doesn't, and he's clearly a dangerous individual that thinks all problems can be solved by killing everyone. As long as he's at a distance, watching it on his presumably large butt, and making a fortune off of war machine stocks.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I think it is/was incredibly unfair for anyone to try and attack episode 3981, being of an important issue at the time. I'm also suprised he hasn't tried to take aim at any other TV aimed at children on the same basis written post 9/11 with the same intent, eg. S7 Ep 10 of Arthur, "April 9th".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw, he probably has some other pottymouthed, biased, and just plain STOOOPT things to say about the show. All part of the same "drag someone to heck down with you to make your buddies look good" logic Ben Shapiro and all the other overpaid Neo-Cons that make a living scaring gullible people.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Um...this guy just figured out that Sesame Street is left leaning?...Where has he been? Lol

When are there ever going to be any tell-all manifestos about evil RIGHT-wing teachings and messages? It's always the left who's accused of being evil, when they do more to promote peace, love, and happiness than the right.
Well, I have to somewhat disagree; I think both the right and the left create a great deal of evil together, just by insisting on taking sides like that, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I have to somewhat disagree; I think both the right and the left create a great deal of evil together, just by insisting on taking sides like that, heh.
Are we talking about politicians or the voters. I can't bring myself to hate at voters of any side, as they're both manipulated by their parties and the values they claim.

Again I must say, yeah.. there ARE the occasional claims by the left that the right uses fictitious media to brainwash people. Difference is, they're usually underground on cheaply printed news papers and college radio stations and other media that no one reads or gives a crap about. No one cares what a lefty says because A) it's impossible to take seriously and B) it's not marketable. The only time they care is when someone says something incredibly nasty and stupid (something the far right always points out when they do the same)... like when Sandra wazzerface had 2 seconds of a "comedy" routine about Palin sound bite'd.

Really... I tried listening to Air America in 2004 and it sounded like the fat girls table at a high school, passive aggressively talking smack about the popular girls behind their back and spreading rumors that never leave the table about how many partners the popular girls have been with. :rolleyes:

Now, if there was a far left book about how evil Kid's television is, I bet that Responsibility Free Parenthood Commercial Free Childhood wrote it. Apparently, people who take candy away from little kids because of media sensationalism about obesity are the ONLY people on the left with sway.